Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Seward High School is a public school located in Seward, AK. It has 160 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.
Seward High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+28 Students
- B-25 Students
- B13 Students
- A-11 Students
- A+11 Students
- B-10 Students
- B+9 Students
- B+8 Students
- A8 Students
- B-7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 3 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Seward High School Reviews
I loved my time at Seward High School. I graduated in a class of 44 students, and I really enjoyed the small class sizes. My favorite thing was the fact that the student-teacher relationships had the opportunity to be stronger than those at a larger school. I really liked that class sizes were small enough so that students could receive 1 on 1 help, as well as the teachers truly caring about us outside of our class with them. The only thing that I did not enjoy was the fact that there were not enough teachers to be able to offer a lot of classes. Most of the classes offered were online. Which is a great option, I just wish there had been a way to offer those extra classes in person.
Seward High School is great for what it has to work with. Most of the teachers and staff are very supportive of their students, and truly want students to succeed. Because there are so few students it is easy to make friends and participate in lots of activities/extracurriculars.
Seward High is a great highschool full of good teachers, close knit students, and a great sports program. Although we have good opportunities for sports, our school struggles to fund an art and music program which is very disheartening.