Sergeant Bluff-Luton Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Sergeant Bluff, IA. It has 482 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Sergeant Bluff-Luton Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A74 Students
- B-69 Students
- B64 Students
- A56 Students
- B+35 Students
- B+30 Students
- A-25 Students
- A-19 Students
- B19 Students
- C+18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Sergeant Bluff-Luton Senior High School
- B+Woodbury Central High School
- Woodbury Central Community School District, IA
- 22 reviews
- A-Dakota Valley High School
- Dakota Valley School District, SD
- 35 reviews
- BLawton Junior/Senior High School
- Lawton-Bronson Community School District, IA
- 41 reviews
- B-Hinton High School
- Hinton Community School District, IA
- 76 reviews
Sergeant Bluff-Luton Senior High School Reviews
The teachers at SB-L are absolutely fantastic! They build relationships with each and every student over the year. They are always there for you as a person to talk to if you need them. The teachers are amazing teachers as well; they find new ways to teach concepts and do so very well.
There are great teachers at Sergeant Bluff, and they all want to see you succeed. There is also a great learning environment created by the teachers. The guidance counselors are also great and give you a lot of good information to help you prepare for college. They give you information about applying to colleges, filling out the fafsa, and other college requirements.
I really enjoyed the teachers at this school, especially for my accelerated classes. They were all passionate about what they did, and they really helped motivate me to reach my future goals! One problem I have with Sergeant Bluff is that, they didn't really focus on the arts. It seems that all of their funding goes towards sports, even though programs such as theater, choir, band, etc. are just as important.