Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Sequoyah High School is a public school located in Claremore, OK. It has 396 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Sequoyah High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A160 Students
- A153 Students
- B-144 Students
- C+137 Students
- A-101 Students
- B83 Students
- B+73 Students
- C70 Students
- B62 Students
- B+50 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 45 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like Sequoyah High School
- BInola High School
- Inola Public Schools, OK
- 61 reviews
- CChouteau-Mazie High School
- Chouteau-Mazie Public Schools, OK
- 48 reviews
- BPryor High School
- Pryor Public Schools, OK
- 107 reviews
- BOologah-Talala High School
- Oologah-Talala Public Schools, OK
- 120 reviews
Sequoyah High School Reviews
What I like about Sequoyah is that they have a great staff. The staff will help you with anything you need. Sequoyah treats every student like we are family They have helped my in so many ways like, by hosting an ACT for free for all the students that signed up, they have help my with my academic. During the pandemic Sequoyah has helped all their student by taking the right precautions and keeping us save. They have gave the student hotspots if they didn't have wifi or access to it. Sequoyah also has a great athletic program. The coaches have taught me so many things. The big thing is that they taught me to be a great leader. This is why I think Sequoyah is a great school.
Sequoyah is a wonder school! It's full of caring teachers and provide lots support to the students! The school has lots of different classes and activities within the community! The school is great, and I would send any child of mine to Sequoyah! I highly recommend this school located in Rogers County Oklahoma. The entire staff has always been a pleasure ! The school counselor Pam Self (no relation) is great in ensuring all the student needs are met in order to graduate. Again, Sequoyah High school is the best!
Sequoyah is an amazing school. It has great diversity, and helps prepare me for college! I would like to see more involvement with students in activities around school.