Sequoyah High School is a highly rated, public school located in Canton, GA. It has 1,938 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 55% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
Sequoyah High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B374 Students
- A+370 Students
- B181 Students
- B+179 Students
- B137 Students
- A+111 Students
- A+109 Students
- B106 Students
- C+96 Students
- A86 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.42 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.42 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 105 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.62 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.65 responses
Sequoyah High School Reviews
Great School! The school is very diverse, has caring teachers, is up to date and has a tech savvy environment. All my assignments are thought-provoking but don't take away too much of my time. There are tons of clubs and organizations to choose from, enough for almost every interest. The campus is comparable to a small college, as there are two different buildings. Love the experience I am having at Sequoyah High School. Go Chiefs!
Any high school experience is really what every individual student makes of it. Sequoyah is a very family and community-oriented environment. The teachers at Sequoyah are amazing and have their student's best interests at heart. With every teacher I had, I truly felt they cared about what they were teaching and ensured I grasped the material. The administration staff has the smoothest teamwork I have ever seen. They keep the school running and ensure that the students are being well taken care of. Sequoyah students are very friendly and we rarely have bullying or mistreatment issues. The small-town aspect of the community makes everyone feel like a big family. Sequoyah High School gave me the most amazing high school experience and has truly taught me so much. With the lessons, I have learned from my Sequoyah family I know I have every tool necessary to become successful in life.
Sequoyah High School has so many wonderful opportunities for different levels of intelligence! The class variety is very wide, so if you feel you are ready for challenging courses there is an abundance of them available. The teachers are very helpful and most do there best to help you understand the material you are working on. Tutoring is offered for free, in most subjects, almost every day of the week in the morning, afternoon, and even the lunch periods for students who struggle. When I leave Sequoyah this year I hope to see the facilities be kept cleaner, and that kids start to care more about the property that provides them with a well rounded education. Sequoyah High has been good to be these past four years, I could not be more grateful to have had the opportunity to attend such a high academically achieving school!