Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesNG
- Health & SafetyNG
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Sequoia Choice - Arizona Distance Learning is an above average, public, charter, online school located in Mesa, AZ. It has 445 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 25 to 1. According to state test scores, 31% of students are at least proficient in math and 41% in reading.
Sequoia Choice - Arizona Distance Learning Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A60 Students
- B35 Students
- A-29 Students
- B-27 Students
- A+12 Students
- B-11 Students
- A+10 Students
- B9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 3 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Sequoia Choice - Arizona Distance Learning Reviews
This school is great! The staff are nice, the teachers are really nice and they care about their students enough to help us succeed in our classes. If you don't want to attend regular, in-person school, this is a great option, and its equivalent in every way.
I really liked the way the classes are formatted. If you want to work ahead, no problem- if you get a little behind, people are willing to work with you. It's very flexible and therefore appealing!
I transferred to Sequoia Choice Distant Learning in February of this year. I transferred over from a regular High School. I have really enjoyed being at Sequoia Choice. I didn't have a horrible experience at my old school, but I was ready to move on, do school at my own pace, and now I am graduating a year early! I have already been accepted to GCU and will be starting this fall. If it wasn't for Sequoia Choice that never would have happened. The online teachers have been very helpful and fair with grading, and I also have plenty of support from the staff at the pilot campus in my town. I know online school isn't for everyone, but it was the best decision I have made and I'm looking forward to my future!