Sentinel High School is an above average, public school located in Missoula, MT. It has 1,219 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 43% of students are at least proficient in math and 66% in reading.
Sentinel High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-241 Students
- B+187 Students
- A+61 Students
- B+52 Students
- A51 Students
- B+40 Students
- B33 Students
- A-32 Students
- A24 Students
- B-23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Schools like Sentinel High School
Sentinel High School Reviews
Sentinel is a very positive, engaging, safe, and fun learning environment! Students are given very many opportunities with all of the AP classes offered, allowing them to learn to the best of their abilities. Sentinel also offers many amazing extracurricular activities to help shape students into responsible and hardworking individuals.
Sentinel high school is a very good place for everyone to feel included and not left out. Our motto is "no one left alone at the lunch table". Our administrators do a very good job of pushing this to everyone. Sentinel also has very good teachers that can build and establish relationships, teach at a high level in a creative way, and guide us in a path that we want, and often let us do certain projects and assignments within a subject or topic we like so that we are actually interested, which therefore gets us to learn and take away as much as we can from that assignment.
Sentinel High School has provided me with so many opportunities to grow and develop as a person, as well as prepare myself for college and the years following graduation. I have developed new skills and relationships that I would not have had I not attended Sentinel. Through Sentinel I have decided what I want to study and I cannot express how grateful I am for the experiences I have had at Sentinel over the past four years. The programs they offer and teachers that are leading said programs provide students with a fantastic learning environment and support throughout the entire year as to ensure the success and well-being of the students.