Sentinel High School is a highly rated, public school located in Missoula, MT. It has 1,243 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 48% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.
Sentinel High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-271 Students
- B+211 Students
- A+77 Students
- A58 Students
- B54 Students
- B+43 Students
- A-43 Students
- B40 Students
- A26 Students
- B25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
Schools like Sentinel High School
Sentinel High School Reviews
I am currently a student at Sentinel High School. I have been satisfied with the plethora of courses offered. However, the school seems to put student's mental health on the back burner in order to push students to excel in academics. Additionally, the teachers (at least the AP ones) don't seem to prioritize helping their students to learn if they are struggling and rather just leave students to their own devices. Perhaps the most frustrating aspect about Sentinel is that they spent thousands of dollars to renovate the school to add MORE glass for something that can only be described as aesthetic purposes, thus making the school LESS safe. In January of 2019, the school had an incident where a gun magazine was dropped in the hallway. As of December 2019, the school seems to have completely dropped the subject, leaving me as a student more than anxious every time I step foot into the school.
Sentinel High School is what would first come to mind if you thought "Generic, All-American school." It's the kinda place a parent would send a kid who didn't know what they wanted to be, because there's small niches for everyone. Some programs, like Speech and Debate, are underfunded but still incredibly fun to participate in. Sports are, of course, lavishly washed in money and equipment. In addition, the facility has nice 1960s Modernist architecture typical of Montana public buildings; however, new construction often interrupts this style. Sentinel has, for now, an open-campus lunch policy and fast food locales nearby (the Little Caesar's and Wendy's on Brooks are student favorites), as well as grocery stores and lovely vistas of Montana mountain scenery. The new band and music rooms, as well as the in-progress STEM center and student commons areas, are sure to bring new life to this school.
I loved the teachers at Sentinel High School! The staff truly cares for all the students and will take time out of their day to ensure their students' success. They are many different classes to cover every interest. There is something for everyone. The only problem I had was with the administration and how they handled certain situations.