Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
Seminole High School is an above average, public school located in Seminole, TX. It has 796 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 41% in reading.
Seminole High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus101 Students
- grade B minus57 Students
- grade B minus54 Students
- grade A+51 Students
- grade A+47 Students
- grade B47 Students
- grade B+40 Students
- grade A32 Students
- grade B+28 Students
- grade A25 Students
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 5 responses
- Senior Review60%
- Pep rally40%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$18,126 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 6 responses
Seminole High School Reviews
Rating 3.76 out of 5 55 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
My experience at SHS was nothing less than what you expect from a high school focused on preparing students for their future. They have many courses available for students based on their personal interests; they range from college classes to cosmetology, mechanics, construction and welding, and even nursing. Not to forget, they have several honor societies where students can qualify based on GPA disregarding what their scholar interests are. The staff at SHS is more than happy to help students whether its with their classes or in the cafeteria. SHS offers tutoring after school for different subject throughout the school week. Several teachers are even college professors elsewhere with a doctrine in their specific subject so they are able to help students even more by making it known to them what they should expect in college and giving them the tools necessary to exceed in their given areas. There is nothing that I would want to change about Seminole High School. It is a great school.
Only a handful of teachers at this school seem as if they care for students and their futures. Aside from this, those teachers who do care about the impact of the job they perform are excellent at it. The school itself is well taken care of and the actual curriculum is not lacking. Student behavior is generally really good and there is obvious discipline and order.
The spirit of Seminole High School is something that can be felt by anyone and everyone who gets the chance to experience a glimpse of life within the Indian and Maiden marked hallways. Seminole High School has amazing educators who's main goal is to help students succeed. Teachers who use not only their brain to teach, but their heart as well. I have never seem as much compassion for a students physical well being, as well as their educational status as I have while attending school at Seminole High. The teachers at Seminole High have been the core for our team spirit throughout the years, they teach on a daily basis that life should not be looked at as a competition. Whether it be a game of football, putting together a show for theater, or even running beside your pal at a cross country race, we were taught that we work better when we are supporting and helping one another. Seminole shows how make real change happen and have success it takes a tribe.