Selinsgrove Area High School is an above average, public school located in Selinsgrove, PA. It has 825 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Selinsgrove Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B101 Students
- B89 Students
- A+88 Students
- A52 Students
- C+43 Students
- C+34 Students
- A32 Students
- A-31 Students
- A+27 Students
- B-25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 44 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Schools like Selinsgrove Area High School
- BMifflinburg Area Senior High School
- Mifflinburg Area School District, PA
- 70 reviews
- A-Danville Area Senior High School
- Danville Area School District, PA
- 90 reviews
- B-Milton High School
- Milton Area School District, PA
- 57 reviews
- CMidd-West High School
- Midd-West School District, PA
- 112 reviews
Selinsgrove Area High School Reviews
Throughout my four years of Selinsgrove Area High School, I have been exposed to new opportunities and experiences. The teachers here were able to help me in being successful and allowing students to be well-rounded. There are many clubs, sports, and advanced classes that are not available in other schools. We also able to enter in the ACE program, which allows students to go to Bloomsburg University and gain college credits as a senior for a semester or two. We are also able to sign up for dual enrollment classes at Susquehanna University. We have great sports teams with athletes who go to District championships and have been awarded for their accomplishments. Our ever-expanding list of clubs allow us to do many activities outside of school. For example, the Key Club goes to different Churches and Nursing Homes where students must do community service in food drives and volunteer work.
I really liked that I had many opportunities for students to figure out who they are. Selinsgrove had many, many clubs for students to participate in, such as Bible club, French, Spanish, FBLA, FFA, Art, Music, Literature, and many more. They also had several sports for athletes to participate in including field hockey, baseball and softball, football, tennis, soccer, lacrosse, etc..
My experience at Selinsgrove High School started my sophomore year, due to me doing cyber school for freshman year. I was definitely not ready to start high school at first, but there was a ton of people helping me a long the way. My senior year Selinsgrove made the decision to start drug testing due to multiple students overdosing on various drugs. I think this has helped decrease the amount of drugs being used in this area. I also wish to see us get metal detectors to ensure the safety of the students with all the recent shootings. I'd also love to see us create more clubs for students to get more involved. Overall my high school experience was average, but having amazing teachers and awesome friends made it special to me.