Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Seguin High School is a public school located in Seguin, TX. It has 1,985 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 26% of students are at least proficient in math and 31% in reading.
Seguin High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+401 Students
- A+238 Students
- A+212 Students
- B182 Students
- B154 Students
- B152 Students
- A-130 Students
- A123 Students
- B120 Students
- A-101 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 67 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.41 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
Schools like Seguin High School
- C+Prairie Lea School
- Prairie Lea Independent School District, TX
- PK, K-12
- 15 reviews
- B-New Braunfels High School
- Public School
- New Braunfels, TX
- 311 reviews
- BMarion High School
- Marion Independent School District, TX
- 79 reviews
- BNavarro High School
- Navarro Independent School District, TX
- 113 reviews
Seguin High School Reviews
I like the teachers at Seguin High School. They find unique ways to keep kids interested in learning and actually participating. The staff is great, they have time to talk to people one-on-one and help kids with finding their college. Our school is currently holding a FAFSA workshop where parents and students are able to come after school and fill out the FAFSA form. Even the school spirit is amazing! Everyone gets so involved in theme days and we all support each other. Teachers are easy to get along with, they are flexible with their tutoring hours and actually help out.
I enjoy the diversity in culture and students there, I like the lack of high school cliques, and the overall lack of racism I've been exposed to. However there are an overwhelming number of fights within the school. The administration can be biased at times, but the academic dean does her job well. The school building is nice, new, and kept well, there isn't much if any vandalism done by students. The library and librarians provide students with nice opportunities, such as eating lunch in the library, having a say in what books are purchased throughout the year, and becoming a library aide. The counselors are more helpful than my previous high school, particularly Mrs. Connie Dansbach, who has helped me tremendously during my time there. The teachers are either hit or miss, I've found the teachers of advanced classes (Pre-AP, AP, Dual Credit) particularly excellent at their job, and a good portion of the teachers for regular classes to be average or poor.
Seguin is a large school with a small town feel. The environment is very nice and the staff is good. Like any other school, there's going to be good teachers and bad teachers but overall the teachers are helpful. One thing I really enjoyed about Seguin High School was the diversity, Seguin, TX is a pretty diverse town and the high school is a direct reflection of that. I liked the diversity because it gave me the chance to meet people of different cultures and interact with them. Some things I would like to see improved our the resources and the activities/clubs. I think that the education would improve if we had more books and technology to help the students fully comprehend the lesson. Better education would also improve the student's readiness for college or trade school. If Seguin High had more clubs for the students to join, I think the whole vibe of the school would shift in a more positive direction. They need more organizations so that everyone can get involved.