Seeley-Swan High School is an above average, public school located in Seeley Lake, MT. It has 99 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
Seeley-Swan High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+34 Students
- B-31 Students
- B17 Students
- B+14 Students
- B11 Students
- A-10 Students
- B9 Students
- C+8 Students
- C7 Students
- A-7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Seeley-Swan High School Reviews
I have spent six years observing activities at SSHS and one year as a substitute teacher. I feel that the teaching staff and administration have been excellent. Parents readily support the students and the staff. In the substitute teaching activities, I could always count on the students to support me whether it was computer software applications, woodworking equipment, or established protocol at the school. We did have some fun times together. The girls basketball team went five years as District champions. Last year the team had a record of twenty-two wins and two losses. At the end of the season, the head coach retired. At the awards ceremony, it was announced and the team members mobbed him with embraces and hugs. The photo of this event spoke more than a thousand words.
It is a small, close knit community and school, which made one on one learning so much more beneficial. I was able to create relationships with my teachers, which created a better learning environment.
The teachers at Seeley-Swan High School are great. They are very approachable and make sure everything is going okay. If a student doesn't seem well, teachers will check to see if the student is okay. We had a rough time in our school earlier in the year with a student death. In a school of not even 100 people this was a hard time fro everyone. Teachers came together and helped the students. All the students have their favorite teachers, but each teacher is outstanding.