Sedgwick High School is a public school located in Sedgwick, KS. It has 232 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Sedgwick High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-35 Students
- B-33 Students
- B22 Students
- B+19 Students
- A-19 Students
- B14 Students
- B+12 Students
- B8 Students
- C+7 Students
- B-6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 19 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Sedgwick High School
- B+Halstead High School
- Halstead Unified School District, KS
- 37 reviews
- B+Valley Center High School
- Valley Center Public Schools, KS
- 117 reviews
- A-Hesston High School
- Hesston Unified School District, KS
- 111 reviews
- B-Newton Senior High School
- Newton Unified School District, KS
- 156 reviews
Sedgwick High School Reviews
I am a senior at Sedgwick High School. Here at Sedgwick, you can tell that teachers favor students and I believe that everybody should be treated differently. The food is poor and the students do not get fed much compared to other schools. For example, some students will eat at 10:30 a.m. and will go home starving. I think that there should be a class at Sedgwick that teaches students to be prepared for college and the real world. Such as classes for sewing, cooking, how to balance a checkbook and how to fix car problems. Overall my experience at Sedgwick had ups and downs and was average.
The staff and students here are very welcoming and excepting on each new person that comes to the school. They do a good job of making sure that everyone has things figured out for what classes they want to do and helps them be more prepared for college and beyond. The teachers are easy to talk to and are willing to help you with any matter that you personally have an issue with. It can be both inside and outside of school, and both with classwork and emotional situations.
I have gone to Sedgwick for 10 years and I have enjoyed every one of them! I would recommend this school to someone who is looking for a small town environment.