Berkeley Avenue Elementary School
150 Best Public Elementary Schools in New Jersey
- Westwood Regional School District, NJ
Niche User: - High standard of education
- Strong emphasis on core classes
- Set high importance on arts, music, foreign language, technology, and physical education
- Students with learning disabilities are properly classified and offered modifications to succeed!
- Workload is very well distributed
- Students home works are well balanced. Teachers/resource teachers are very responsive to inquiries and clarification even after hours (through early evenings).
- Impressive use of technology that pushes the boundery of "teacher-student interactions" outside classroom setting and outside school hours. All in the comfort of our homes.
- 295 Students
- 11:1 Student-Teacher Ratio
- Private School
- Greenwich, CT
- PK, K-8
Parent: Our family has been part of the Whitby School community for 9 years. We have a 6th grader, and a daughter who graduated last year and is now a freshman in high school. I could not more highly recommend the school. As an International Baccalaureate (IB) school it attracts families from many different countries, culturally making it wonderfully diverse. The IB curriculum and inquiry-based learning platform makes me wish I had been educated that way myself! I have also embraced the advantages of a school that finishes in 8th grade. It afforded my daughter the opportunity to reflect on her strengths and the things that she valued most in her education. The experience she gained in the application process, standardized testing, and interviews will make the college application process so much easier! She was also able to pick the high school that was the best fit for her. The transition has been seamless, she was more than adequately prepared educationally and socially.
- 420 Students
- 5:1 Student-Teacher Ratio