Algonac Junior/Senior High School
#5 Best Public High Schools in St. Clair County
- Algonac Community School District, MI
- 64 reviews
Parent: The teachers and faculty are so committed to the students. They give 110% to provide resources and individualized instruction to every student. The community involvement is another huge factor in the district's success. The school reaches out to everyone to share their knowledge and talents with the kids. The physical facilities need some updating but with the recent passage if the sinking fund, that will now be possible. Love our little district!
- 764 Students
- 23:1 Student-Teacher Ratio
Blue Water Middle College Academy
- Public School
- Port Huron, MI
- 16 reviews
Alum: I loved the opportunity, it gave me great experience towards my university degree. I am an alumni and was apart of the new program. Instead of my associates I went just for credits. All the advisors were always there to help and were so involved in getting me ready for my future. I highly recommend this program. Also, what was great about this program is you were allowed to actually be apart of the college instead of just a highschool student, before you go for the big degree you get to feel comfort outside of highschool and the reality check of what it’s like when you’re on your own. Great way to learn how to be independent.
- 469 Students
- — Student-Teacher Ratio
New Life Christian Academy
- Private School
- Kimball, MI
- PK, K-12
- 10 reviews
Junior: I absolutely love New Life Christian Academy. Everyone welcomes you with open arms, and they are willing to do anything to help you and make you feel at home. The academics/classes are great, and push you to strive to do your best. One thing that I wish could change would be the science classes. I do not feel well educated in that area because the classes were super easy. I was hoping for a more in depth science class as I got higher in my grade level, but it just seemed like a review from the past years, with maybe a couple of new things. Other than that, it has been fantastic! I met all of my closest friends, who have now become more like family to me, at New Life.
- 146 Students
- 9:1 Student-Teacher Ratio
Yale Senior High School
- Yale Public Schools, MI
- 142 reviews
Senior: At Yale, the students have lots of school spirit. Another positive is their athletics with such sports as soccer, basketball and volleyball. The teachers are engaged in helping the students with extra work, or homework after school if it is needed. Another positive to this school would have to be their level of safety is very good. They make sure that all students are safe at all times, along with making them feel comfortable in their work place. Something that they can improve on, would have to be teaching the students about getting ready for University and College. All in all, Yale is a great school to go to and I would recommend to many people to check this school out if possible.
- 639 Students
- 21:1 Student-Teacher Ratio
Port Huron High School
- Port Huron Area School District, MI
- 240 reviews
Senior: My experience with PH is pretty normal, nothing too bad about it. All the teachers I've had were super nice and easy to talk to. The staff are a little too lax on the dress code. Many students wear crop tops and very short shorts in the summer and no one get punishments. The food could be better as well. Every week its usually the same thing and it gets tiring to eat. I wish we had a little more variety.
- 1,365 Students
- 22:1 Student-Teacher Ratio
- Public School
- Kimball, MI
- 44 reviews
Parent: My son has been to 4 different elementary schools, in different districts across the US. Here is what is what we find:
1. The bullying is swiftly taken care of, it was not tolerated and my son's 'bully' was dealt with immediately. It never happened afterwards.
2. Coming from Denver, CO we were use to classrooms with 32+ kids. Here it was a lot less, 18-20. Smaller classrooms sizes are great.
3. Caring Staff. There is great staff, all the way around in the elementary building!
1. Strict rules/regulations. Dress Code enforced
2. Grading system is very different then public schools, took us a entire year just to understand it all. Lots of projects due, that make up major parts of your grade.
3. If your child is on a IEP plan or a 504, there was a lot of new staff for this and no one was really in place for that. We got the answers we needed and the meetings were set and meet but it was not easy.
- 759 Students
- 17:1 Student-Teacher Ratio
Marine City High School
- East China School District, MI
- 108 reviews
Senior: Here at Marine City High School, I have learned how to be the best student I can possibly be. The teachers for the most part are willing to help out with questions on an assignment or the class in general, and the school counselors are always there to talk about problems related to scheduling, college or any social problems. The staff are very friendly as well! I always feel safe when I'm at Marine City High!
- 511 Students
- 19:1 Student-Teacher Ratio
Capac High School
- Capac Community Schools, MI
- 47 reviews
Senior: I have gone to this school since I was five, the teachers are great and they really help you to learn the material. Anyone who works here are great and nice people and they really care about your future. There are teachers who are there for questions that aren't related to school. They help you with anything.
- 476 Students
- 18:1 Student-Teacher Ratio
26 – 50 of 67