Kent Mountain View Academy
116 Best Public Middle Schools in Washington
- Kent School District, WA
Senior: I've been a student at Kent Mountain View Academy since the third grade. It's a small school with a great environment for students to grow with one another with the attentive care of a wonderful staff who evidently care for the student body. As wonderful as my years have been at this school, there's unfortunately some limitations that come with attending a small academic environment. For instance, we don't have sports team or clubs which make it difficult to participate in extracurricular activities and honor societies like most other conventional schools. However, it was this very type of environment gave me incentive to take initiative and think outside of the box to find opportunities for my academic and professional achievement. The intimate environment of Kent Mountain View makes it a great place for young students, especially from elementary to middle school, to develop in a caring but competitive curriculum.
- 311 Students
- 19:1 Student-Teacher Ratio
Mill Creek Middle School
- Kent School District, WA
High School Sophomore: Every school has different funding options and availability for clubs and such. The sports at Mill Creek Middle School are taken seriously, and the coaches there are also teachers from this school. My personal experience of managing sports there (such as Football, Wrestling, and Track & Field), have made it a memorable experience. Speaking from previous review, and building on that topic, everything at this school is what you make of it. Teachers and students will get along if students listen and teachers teach.
My experience at Mill Creek was better than most, (again, school is what you make of it). My specific teachers made the experience memorable for me. However, if I could change one thing, it would have been the principle at the time I attended this school, as it was not the best time, for funding of clubs and out-of-school events specifically for certain teachers was not allowed or denied at request. There were not many clubs, nor variety for that matter. As said before, funding was low, making it difficult to have anything fun happen there. My experience overall, however was great, only because of my teachers and how I chose to act.
- 820 Students
- 20:1 Student-Teacher Ratio
Chestnut Hill Academy
- Private School
- Bellevue, WA
Parent: Some things I love about CHA:
- Dedicated, excited and professional teachers and staff
- Everything is perfectly organized
- Small class sizes – 15 or less
- Guaranteed before and after school care
- Great extracurriculars
- Amazing administration
- Beautiful facility and grounds.
- Big beautiful library
- Classrooms are well stocked. Promethean boards. Older kids get a tablet
- Big tech lab that each class goes to weekly
- Healthy/tasty food
- Multiple snacks during the day
- ski program!
- Provides the ability for teachers to use different curriculums that best suit the child
- focuses on the whole child, not just academics. Provides art, music, library, spanish, PE and tech lab
- lots of ways for parents to be involved
- Encourages students to respect each other, and treat each other well. Provides the framework for good behavior, with tools like Leader In Me and Bucket filling, and then provides lots of positive reinforcement
- 254 Students
- 11:1 Student-Teacher Ratio
1 – 3 of 3