East High School
#28 Best Public High Schools in Wisconsin
- Wauwatosa School District, WI
- 162 reviews
Senior: I have attended Wauwatosa Schools for all of my K-12 years, and they have some very distinct strengths and weaknesses. I will speak of East in particular:
- The strongest thing about the district is the Orchestra program. If you are interested in string instruments I can't recommend this district enough. By the time you are a senior, you will have the opportunity to play college-level music in a very talented orchestra. There are also many other music opportunities available through the district.
- The sports culture is pretty strong, and members have an almost cult-like loyalty to them. This is great for most competing students but I have seen a few hurt from being left out.
- The theater program is outstanding, though it has very little funding relative to other HS theater programs. However, it still produces great quality productions and has hundreds of oppurtunities for cast, crew and pit. Often, shows are run with a full-student crew and cast, which is pretty amazing.
- 1,191 Students
- 16:1 Student-Teacher Ratio
1 – 3 of 3