Squaw Valley Academy
- Private School
- Olympic Valley, CA
Parent: SVA has a beautiful campus in close proximity to many outdoor recreational opportunities for the students. The skiing is fabulous The academics are rigorous and prepare the students well for college. As parents, we are very impressed with the administration and the support they offer students and families.
- 62 Students
- 6:1 Student-Teacher Ratio
Ross (Betsy) Elementary School
- Anaheim City School District, CA
Alum: I attended Betsy Ross for 3 years. The teachers were nice and very friendly to the students. Whenever one of the students needed help they were right there. They have a really good after school program that helps students with what they need and go on great outings.
- 949 Students
- 23:1 Student-Teacher Ratio
St. Catherine's Academy
- Private School
- Anaheim, CA
Parent: My son attended the final two years (7th/8th) at SCA, and it was an absolute transformation in terms of character, leadership and maturity. My son was a distracted, entitled, immature, complacent, digital obsessed high energy boy, the typical smart under achiever. SCA transformed him into a mature responsible respectful leader. few caveats to keep in mind:
1. Academics. Wonderfully small classes (10 to 1 teacher ratio), where teachers work closely with the boys to ensure learning - parents are NOT expected to lift a finger to help. But don't expect the curriculum to be advanced top 1% stuff like Pegasus.
2. Tuition is not cheap and financial aid non-existent. But if you were planning to spend $15,000 per year anyway, there is not a better middle school for boys in all of California.
3. Objective of SCA is character and leadership, nothing less. If you want a school that coddles your child, this is not the school for you.
- 142 Students
- 9:1 Student-Teacher Ratio
1 – 11 of 11