Seabreeze High School is an above average, public school located in Daytona Beach, FL. It has 1,553 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 50% of students are at least proficient in math and 59% in reading.
Seabreeze High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-316 Students
- A+302 Students
- A275 Students
- C231 Students
- B+197 Students
- A172 Students
- B+130 Students
- A+102 Students
- B76 Students
- A-60 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 71 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.41 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.47 responses
Seabreeze High School Reviews
Seabreeze is an overall great environment. I have been taking AP and honors classes throughout my high school career and through my experience the teachers want you to not on succeed but learn a thing or two as well. I would advise taking advantage of the times that the teachers set aside during lunch, crab break, and before and after school to help students who are confused with the material that they are learning. My academic advisor (Mrs. Tully) is amazing. She is always incredibly helpful and cheerful everytime I see her! They have also upgraded the schools security by putting in a new gate system that surrounds the school. Although many kids complain about the practically of these, I believe that it is only a precaution for our safety. This school houses a very home-like environment as the school is fairly small and everyone from the seniors to the freshman respect each other. The administration is also very respectable as well as the coaches for the sports teams.
Made some amazing friends although it was an interesting adjustment from private school. The curriculum was a little harder than I anticipated, but I made it through! Without coming to Seabreeze I would have most likely never had the opportunity to dual enroll.
I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Seabreeze High School. Students and staff here are very friendly and helpful, and not only are the teachers very passionate about what they teach, they are always there to help their students. The music and arts programs here are great, and the Seabreeze Marching Band is representative of their successes, having been invited to London last summer. The AICE and AVID programs are also available for students who wish to have a predetermined path to graduation while earning college credits. For sports and extracurricular activities, Seabreeze actively take part in local and state competitions, and we usually advance far in them. There is still room for improvements, though. I hope that there could be more career technical education programs and academies, as other schools in the county have the edge over Seabreeze in that respect. But other than that, I am proud of being part of such an intelligent and amazing community at Seabreeze High School.