Seabreeze High School is an above average, public school located in Daytona Beach, FL. It has 1,597 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 50% of students are at least proficient in math and 59% in reading.
Seabreeze High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-248 Students
- A+240 Students
- A215 Students
- C184 Students
- B+158 Students
- A138 Students
- B+100 Students
- A+77 Students
- B54 Students
- A-42 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 66 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.45 responses
Seabreeze High School Reviews
Seabreeze High School is built on team work, school pride, and deep involvement with the local community. The majority of instructors were passionate about their learning subjects and would often revert back to personal experiences in order to relate students to the course. Seabreeze has been established in Daytona Beach for over 100 years. School pride is spread throughout the neighboring communities, creating a supportive family atmosphere. The school takes basic steps when it comes to preparing their students for college. While most of the information provided was found useful, it was often presented as filler work for students and teachers. Overall Seabreeze High School is average, it offers a varies academic opportunities for students but sometimes fails to go beyond the required line.
At Seabreeze I found that making connections with my teachers made me feel more comfortable asking for help. The willingness of teachers to help students allows these students to reach their full potential. However, some of the problems come from the office staff, especially in guidance. Certain guidance councilors should reeducate themselves on the implications of student's high school careers in college. Offering meaningful help to students of all grades with varying aspirations keeps students on track for their goals. Many students turn to their councilors to find out what they should do during these four years in preparation for their goals yet if they receive wrong information it could hurt their standing for the future. Although the guidance office could use some modification, the teachers still offer help to students as well. Teachers, such as Mrs. Paul, Mr. Hernandez, and Mr. Huckaby personally helped me with any college questions I had when the guidance councilors fell short.
My experience at Seabreeze High was one that I wish I could relive over and over again. It offered advanced placement classes for students who needed a more challenging curriculum, many opportunities for extracurricular activities ranging from a variety of sports, community engagement and advocacy, as well as the arts. Seabreeze High School is placed in an ideal area near the beach where students can enjoy the smell of the ocean right from campus. Everything about this school is wonderful!