Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Scranton High School is an above average, public school located in Scranton, AR. It has 187 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 7 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Scranton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-45 Students
- C+28 Students
- A-17 Students
- B16 Students
- C+13 Students
- B7 Students
- B-5 Students
- A-4 Students
- A-4 Students
- A+3 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Scranton High School Reviews
I love my school. The teachers are amazing, the staff is amazing, I like the size of the school too. Although it may be small it helps the students because they have more one on one with the teacher and can make friends faster. The atmosphere is amazing there, people are always so welcoming and you never feel left out. The teachers are connected to the students and you can always feel free to talk to them. I would like to be able to see more people involved with the school, but people are always welcomed to help. I would also like to see more clubs being open to the students so they can be connected to their school and community.
My sister almost went to this high school and liked the teachers and said they were encouraging. She decided not to go because the student atmosphere did not seem like a good community. Also, I have known their cross country coach for many years and he is awesome. He is very kind and has the potential to build an elite program at Scranton. My sister was on his team for a while and liked the way he coached and treated the team.
Scranton High School is a lovely, friendly school to be in. There are a few physical classes to choose from, but there are many online classes you can be in as well. Most of the time, the teachers give the proper education students need. The school is also small so it's easy to get around classes without having to rush or being late :). On the downside, however, there's a very limited amount of sports and diversity.