Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepD+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Scott's Branch High School is a public school located in Summerton, SC. It has 219 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.
Scott's Branch High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A90 Students
- B-85 Students
- B84 Students
- C+84 Students
- B-76 Students
- B75 Students
- B+59 Students
- A54 Students
- B-51 Students
- B41 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 43 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Scott's Branch High School Reviews
My experience at Scott's Branch is very nice. I was here since my 9th grade and it's a very nice school. I love the administration and the safety for our students. Our teachers do a excellent job of covering material and getting us ready for State Test. I would refer this school to anybody living around the area. However, I would change the food. Although some students receive free or reduced lunch, we don't have a wide variety of different foods to eat, and when we do get served food, it's not an adequate amount. All in all, very nice school. Thumbs Up!
My experience at Scott's Branch HighSchool was enjoyable to an extent. Since being in such a small town, this school doesn't offer as much opportunities as a much bigger school would. However, I am thankful for the advice I did receive because there are a few good people in this district that actually care about you and want to see you become successful. What I did not enjoy was the number of teachers we have and the fact that most of them are international and make up most of the of teachers. Also, the teachers here have not been here longer than 3 years. Only to say a few have been here for that long and that still is not something to brag about. Every year we have a new principal, new teachers, athletic directors and other things of that nature.
I feel as if MOST of the 'administration' are only here for the checks. They have these nonchalant attitude with the STUDENTS. I feel like everyone plays a role in the diversity situation . These children are not use to other races. They bully them for being them. As a young African American student here, it's hard for me at times. Our dearly beloved teachers are no better. 'Home Away from Home', they said. Tah, they don't get involved until it's too late. I've tried to speak up about these issues , but it was pushed down. I do not recommend this school to anyone.