Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesD+
Scott County High School is an above average, public school located in Georgetown, KY. It has 2,577 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 24 to 1. According to state test scores, 51% of students are at least proficient in math and 60% in reading.
Scott County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+591 Students
- B-336 Students
- A-253 Students
- B-223 Students
- B-207 Students
- B206 Students
- C+195 Students
- B-181 Students
- B+131 Students
- B+102 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.38 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.38 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.48 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.45 responses
Schools like Scott County High School
- A-Woodford County High School
- Woodford County Public Schools, KY
- 181 reviews
- B-Bourbon County High School
- Bourbon County Public Schools, KY
- 139 reviews
- BFranklin County High School
- Franklin County Public Schools, KY
- 129 reviews
- ALafayette High School
- Fayette County Public Schools, KY
- 311 reviews
Scott County High School Reviews
Transferring to Scott County was very hard, leaving a small school setting to coming into one of the biggest public schools in the state. At first it was hard and scary, so many people and so many clicks. After a few fights, I knew what a big school was like. I never felt threatened or unsafe, just always on my toes. The teachers were awesome and most of them really cared for the students they had and made sure everyone was successful. The principals were student oriented and helped when help was needed. The school was very into clubs and getting everyone involved with the school. Sports are life at SCHS. Completing a pathway is looked very high upon, and gets rewarded well. Overall the experience was a good high school experience!
Scott County High School offers many opportunities to grow as a student, person, and athlete through its extensive sports programs, clubs, and honors classes. Many extracurricular activities are offered to students who want to strive outside of the classroom as well as in. The counselors make time in their days to consult with students to answer any questions they might have, and they are helpful to the students who require emotional counseling. Our cafeteria and cleaning staff are patient, hard working, and kind to students, always doing their best work for the good of our school. It also has a connecting school, called Elkhorn Crossing School, which is an all-honors school that offers career-based classes in clusters called "villages." They offer Law and Justice, Media Arts, Biomedical Sciences, Health Sciences, and Engineering courses. The atmosphere is very college-like, and the classes are academically advanced, engaging, and challenging.
Scott County High School is an overall good school. I have made incredible relationships with the teachers. They truly care for their students and will make an effort to personally understand students. Not to mention, Scott County offers many AP classes and college readiness pathways to their students. Scott County High School allows their students to join Elkhorn Crossing School programs, such as Health Sciences, Law and Justice, Engineering, Biomedical Sciences, and Media Arts villages. Students are also allowed to join Southside and Eastside technical school programs. In addition, the school has one of the best and largest bands and choir of the state of Kentucky. Many students are able to join state competitions concerning choir and band. Also, the school spirit is outrageous considering the top tier sports teams. The football team has made it to state every year I have been to this this school. The single downfall is the amount of fights that have occurred.