Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Scituate High School is an above average, public school located in North Scituate, RI. It has 383 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Scituate High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B120 Students
- grade B minus66 Students
- grade A39 Students
- grade A+37 Students
- grade B34 Students
- grade B+32 Students
- grade A minus32 Students
- grade C28 Students
- grade A+27 Students
- grade B+25 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 43 responses
- Spirit Week28%
- Senior Skip Day9%
- Pops cocnert7%
- Senior night in any sports activities7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$18,724 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 25 responses
Schools like Scituate High School
- grade A minusCumberland High School
- Cumberland School Department, RI
- Rating 3.63 out of 5 294 reviews
- grade BSmithfield High School
- Smithfield Public Schools, RI
- Rating 3.59 out of 5 148 reviews
- grade B+Ponaganset High School
- Foster-Glocester Regional School District, RI
- Rating 3.83 out of 5 129 reviews
- grade BBurrillville High School
- Burrillville School District, RI
- Rating 3.45 out of 5 73 reviews
Scituate High School Reviews
Rating 3.44 out of 5 148 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
The teachers at Scituate are amazing. Each one is truly dedicated to their students. It's a very small, tight-knit community, and as someone who transferred mid-year, it could be difficult to assimilate into the small-town culture. Although its a small district, there is a lot of political and economic diversity among the student body and staff, which is refreshing. But the SRO, administration, and teachers clearly all care about their students and want to see them succeed.
My experience at Scituate High School was amazing. Each and every teacher would do everything in their power to ensure the students understood the material, and went above and beyond to ensure all was well in our personal lives. The academics were challenging in my accelerated courses (specifically English) - sometimes more challenging than many of my college courses were. I received academic support when it came to mathematics. The math department staff were incredibly accommodating and would stay with me after school, tutor me outside of school, and do everything in their power to ensure that I was college ready. The art department allows students to really explore their creativity, and the choral department changed my life for the better in so many ways. The culture at this school is like one big community. Everyone is extremely close-knit. I still talk to my best friends from SHS every single day. I cannot thank SHS enough for what they've done for my life. Thank you.
My overall experience at Scituate High School was phenomenal. The teachers were intelligent and truly cared about each and every student's education and well-being. I feel the education I received at this school, truly helped to prepare me for the future in "the real world". The athletic program is also wonderful and thriving. My only recommendation would be to offer more career-based courses; however I see that they are already taking the steps to improving that. I know that the school is only getting better over the years and I intend to have my children go to this school in the future.