Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Sciotoville Community School is a public, charter school located in Portsmouth, OH. It has 388 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 43% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C32 Students
- A+25 Students
- A-23 Students
- B-22 Students
- A-17 Students
- A-17 Students
- B-9 Students
- B+9 Students
- B-8 Students
- B8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Sciotoville Community School
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.3 responses
Schools like Sciotoville Community School
- CGreen High School
- Green Local School District (Franklin Furnace), OH
- 16 reviews
- CGlenwood High School
- New Boston Local School District, OH
- 15 reviews
- C+Rock Hill Senior High School
- Rock Hill Local School District, OH
- 42 reviews
- C+Portsmouth Junior/Senior High School
- Portsmouth City School District, OH
- 48 reviews
Sciotoville Community School Reviews
My experience at Sciotoville Community Schools is very average. The people here are pretty nice and the academics are ok. This school also does not have the bullying problem that other schools in the area have. Because it is so small, there is a strong sense of family. The extracurricular programs are also improving yearly.
My experience at Sciotoville is a very good school. The staff takes an interest in all the students, and they have a bond with each and every kid here. When I had surgery, they did everything in their power to help me pass all my classes. They always ask questions, and try to get to know us, and learn more about us rather than just knowing us as students.
I have been a student at Sciotoville Community School for the past 5 years, and overall my experience has been pretty good. I don't think I am as ready for college as some others I know that go to different schools, but I think our teachers have taught me more real life lessons than most teachers at other schools in the area. I think i have obtained a valuable education and created strong, close relationships with my teachers and classmates.