Science Hill High School is a highly rated, public, magnet school located in Johnson City, TN. It has 2,251 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 79% in reading.
Science Hill High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-351 Students
- A-289 Students
- A+103 Students
- B+96 Students
- C+87 Students
- B66 Students
- B-58 Students
- B52 Students
- B47 Students
- C+41 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 63 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.42 responses
Schools like Science Hill High School
- ADobyns-Bennett High School
- Kingsport City Schools, TN
- 268 reviews
- A-University School
- Washington County School District, TN
- 58 reviews
- BSullivan South High School
- Sullivan County School District, TN
- 101 reviews
- B+Elizabethton High School
- Elizabethton City Schools, TN
- 150 reviews
Science Hill High School Reviews
Science Hill is a great school for everyone because there are many clubs, activities, and people to interact with. The food and schedule isn't the best , but Science Hill excels in academics and their staff is amazing. All teachers are there to teach, as well as, be our friends and family, that is why Hilltoppers are the best! Each grade has their assigned counselors where they prepare us for everything in the future from college admissions to dropping a class, Science Hill has the best preparedness plan and provides a safe place to learn and succeed. The social diversity among students is high and growing as more people attend Science Hill.
Went to Science Hill High School for 5 years(2008-12), when 8-9 grade was across from the 10-12 campus. Enjoyed the teachers that I had in classes like: biology, Food and nutrition (with cooking), Spanish 1and 2, problem stats. I enjoyed the two of 4+ counselors that I had. Went back o e day last week (2018) and saw some of the reconstructed area. Looks great!
Science Hill provides students with great opportunities to achieve goals that help them after high school. Challenging courses are available for students to take in order to better prepare them for college. Athletics are highly respected at Science Hill and can be extremely fun when the student body gets involved at school events. I would like to see changes in behavioral control of underclassmen for a more effective outcome, but overall its a great school. Go Toppers!