Science Hill High School is a highly rated, public, magnet school located in Johnson City, TN. It has 2,235 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 56% in reading.
Science Hill High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B508 Students
- A-418 Students
- B+141 Students
- A+141 Students
- C+122 Students
- B99 Students
- B99 Students
- B+86 Students
- B78 Students
- B-65 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.29 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 81 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.45 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.48 responses
Schools like Science Hill High School
- ADobyns-Bennett High School
- Kingsport City Schools, TN
- 313 reviews
- AUniversity School
- Washington County School District, TN
- 67 reviews
- BSullivan South High School
- Sullivan County School District, TN
- 118 reviews
- B+Elizabethton High School
- Elizabethton City Schools, TN
- 162 reviews
Science Hill High School Reviews
I have gone here for almost four years and have many positive things to say about the school and faculty. There is a lot of support for the students who need it and a wide variety of after school clubs to join. The teachers there know the students and are there to help when the students need it. There are many options to help save money for students who can not afford things like food and clothes. The school offers many classes such as welding, nursing, cosmetology, architectural engineering and design, and much more. The school also has an Army JROTC program, which is helpful for anyone trying to get leadership or military experience in highschool.
Science Hill is a great school for everyone because there are many clubs, activities, and people to interact with. The food and schedule isn't the best , but Science Hill excels in academics and their staff is amazing. All teachers are there to teach, as well as, be our friends and family, that is why Hilltoppers are the best! Each grade has their assigned counselors where they prepare us for everything in the future from college admissions to dropping a class, Science Hill has the best preparedness plan and provides a safe place to learn and succeed. The social diversity among students is high and growing as more people attend Science Hill.
Science Hill High School has been a wonderful experience for me. Our school has something for every one. I am a member of SGA, HOSA, and BETA club. My teachers have helped me every step of the way. I have been able to meet with them and get questions answered easily. I have appreciated the support of the staff, faculty and students of my school and made some wonderful friends!