Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
Schuylerville Junior/Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Schuylerville, NY. It has 501 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Schuylerville Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade C49 Students
- grade A minus36 Students
- grade B+34 Students
- grade A minus32 Students
- grade A+28 Students
- grade A+26 Students
- grade B minus25 Students
- grade A+24 Students
- grade B minus22 Students
- grade C+22 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responses
- Pops concert21%
- Senior Night21%
- Dodge ball tournements7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$21,621 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 10 responses
Schools like Schuylerville Junior/Senior High School
- grade B+Greenwich Junior/Senior High School
- Greenwich Central School District, NY
- Rating 4.24 out of 5 51 reviews
- grade CHoosic Valley Junior Senior High School
- Hoosic Valley Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.42 out of 5 31 reviews
- grade BStillwater Middle/High School
- Stillwater Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.21 out of 5 39 reviews
- grade BGlens Falls Senior High School
- Glens Falls City School District, NY
- Rating 3.61 out of 5 93 reviews
Schuylerville Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.84 out of 5 69 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Schuylerville High School is a very inclusive campus. There's a lack of discrimination among the students and staff, and you are always welcome to speak loud and proud. All students are encouraged to participate in sports, clubs, and even tutoring opportunities. However, I've noticed in the past few years that student involvement in school activities has declined. Although many of the kids willingly participate in various clubs, those who don't lack recognition in the school system. To further encourage kids to get involved with various programs, and to stand out of the crowd, perhaps extra credit could be given every time a student actively involves themselves in a new club or sport. This practice could also help high school kids be pushed out of their comfort zone, which in turn can boost their confidence.
Schuylerville was a great place to spend my four years of high school. The teachers were often outgoing and always available for extra help. The students are quite respectful and have a great bond amongst themselves. The students are very involved in extra-curriculars and they form friendships through these activities. Despite a lack of diversity, the students are very accepting and forward thinking as a whole.
I just graduated from Schuylerville and my experience was amazing. The staff and teachers are helpful and some of the kindest people I have ever met. They truly care about their students. When small schools boast about being a community, Schuylerville is the real deal. The academics are second to none, the inclusive of others is at an all-time high, and it certainly leaves you with something so great that it's definitely worth crying over. College bound and Schuylerville proud!