Schenectady High School is a public school located in Schenectady, NY. It has 2,680 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 91% of students are at least proficient in math and 89% in reading.
Schenectady High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+83 Students
- C77 Students
- A45 Students
- A+43 Students
- C+40 Students
- A39 Students
- B-37 Students
- B36 Students
- A-35 Students
- B-34 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Schools like Schenectady High School
- C+Rensselaer Junior/Senior High School
- Rensselaer City School District, NY
- 29 reviews
- CWatervliet Junior/Senior High School
- Watervliet City School District, NY
- 48 reviews
- B-Lansingburgh Senior High School
- Lansingburgh Central School District, NY
- 75 reviews
- B-Cohoes High School
- Cohoes City School District, NY
- 50 reviews
Schenectady High School Reviews
What I like about Schenectady High School is the colorful atmosphere. For example, the inviting school colors, posters, and paintings on the walls. It's very student friendly and makes me feel comfortable. The administrators, teachers, and students are people that I've never had a problem with. I have myself seen some fights here and there and that does kill the experience for me a little bit, but I know that it's not the schools fault. Going through my years here I would like to see changes regarding the heating and air conditioning system. For the four years that I've been attending this school, I have heard complaints from myself and students that proper heating and cooling go throughout the school rather than one wing. What I could never understand myself is that the school goes all out to upgrade the cafeteria, and paint walls but can't fix the heat and cooling. You'd be lucky if you had classes in the part of the school that has these systems installed.
Schenectady High School is such an amazing school and I loved going here for four years. The teachers out of everything, are my favorite. Every teacher is so nice and encourages the students to put their best foot forward in order to be successful in the future. This school is very diverse and everyone gets along with one another so it was great to grow up here these last four years and talk to people that come from different backgrounds and areas of the world. Overall, it this school is amazing and I'll definitely miss it when I'm off to college but I am also ready for the future.
Schenectady High is a very diverse school, but with diversity comes separation we as a school don't realize that we categorize ourselves withing groups, Black students have there separate hallway where they all hangout so do the whites students and Hispanic students, In our school that isn't talked about a lot it like we tend to avoid the situation. One positive thing i adore about my school is that we can all come together to have a good time, sometime when we are all together we tend to forget about all of our worries. There is so much that needs to be changed in Schenectady high school, for example bullying when someone gets bullied it not taking very seriously and it some cases the student tends to be the victim, but i think some changes are being made. one can only hope for the best.