Scarsdale Senior High School is a top rated, public school located in Scarsdale, NY. It has 1,499 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Scarsdale Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+154 Students
- A+154 Students
- A+125 Students
- A+110 Students
- A+106 Students
- A+105 Students
- A96 Students
- A+94 Students
- A90 Students
- A+84 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 23 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Scarsdale Senior High School
- A+Great Neck North High School
- Great Neck Public Schools, NY
- 90 reviews
- A+Croton-Harmon High School
- Croton-Harmon Union Free School District, NY
- 154 reviews
- A+Ridgewood High School
- Ridgewood Public Schools, NJ
- 202 reviews
- A+Mamaroneck High School
- Mamaroneck Union Free School District, NY
- 127 reviews
Scarsdale Senior High School Reviews
Scarsdale High School is the perfect environment for a high achieving and highly motivated student. This school's could be much better and the school culture/spirit is lacking for the most part. However, Scarsdale High School still has many redeeming qualities. It is garunteed that if you graduate from this school you will be receiving one of the best high school educations available. There are enough students in this school for it to be possible for each student to find their crowd, even if they are not the steotypical Scarsdale student. There are many students who end up loving their SHS experience while others struggle to get through their four years, proving that this school is absolutely perfect for a specific kind of student. Oveall, a great school for college prep, and academic achievement.
Scarsdale has an inherent sense of competition, but it isn't a factor that crushes students. This competition motivates students to work their best, and teachers continue to reinforce this idea that you can always do better, even if it is just a little bit. The competition and stress, though harmful at times, does make you feel frequently connected to other students.
Scarsdale High School is home to a very competitive student body. Unfortunately, the competition is framed in a way that isolates those who are on the regular or in-advanced tract and causes those students to be looked upon differently. The students are friendly and welcoming for the most part, but it is clear that there are some groups and cliques that have been formed from very early childhood. This can make it especially hard for a new incoming student to make friends and feel comfortable. All in all, it is a great school if you want your child to get a good education and have a chance at getting into a top school. My one advisory would be not to be surprised if he/she gets stressed out or overwhelmed at times.