Scarsdale Senior High School is an elite, public school located in Scarsdale, NY. It has 1,499 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Scarsdale Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+135 Students
- A+134 Students
- A+113 Students
- A+104 Students
- A+99 Students
- A+94 Students
- A+92 Students
- A87 Students
- A+78 Students
- A+77 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Scarsdale Senior High School
- A+Great Neck North High School
- Great Neck Public Schools, NY
- 80 reviews
- A+Croton-Harmon High School
- Croton-Harmon Union Free School District, NY
- 151 reviews
- A+Ridgewood High School
- Ridgewood Public Schools, NJ
- 191 reviews
- A+Mamaroneck High School
- Mamaroneck Union Free School District, NY
- 118 reviews
Scarsdale Senior High School Reviews
Scarsdale High School is the perfect environment for a high achieving and highly motivated student. This school's could be much better and the school culture/spirit is lacking for the most part. However, Scarsdale High School still has many redeeming qualities. It is garunteed that if you graduate from this school you will be receiving one of the best high school educations available. There are enough students in this school for it to be possible for each student to find their crowd, even if they are not the steotypical Scarsdale student. There are many students who end up loving their SHS experience while others struggle to get through their four years, proving that this school is absolutely perfect for a specific kind of student. Oveall, a great school for college prep, and academic achievement.
Scarsdale High School is home to a very competitive student body. Unfortunately, the competition is framed in a way that isolates those who are on the regular or in-advanced tract and causes those students to be looked upon differently. The students are friendly and welcoming for the most part, but it is clear that there are some groups and cliques that have been formed from very early childhood. This can make it especially hard for a new incoming student to make friends and feel comfortable. All in all, it is a great school if you want your child to get a good education and have a chance at getting into a top school. My one advisory would be not to be surprised if he/she gets stressed out or overwhelmed at times.
The school environment is a very proficient place to study and work towards your dreams. The classes are comprehensive and the teachers are very intelligent and are very supportive. Class sizes are generally 20-25 people, and students are encouraged to seek extra help from their teachers or just to get to know them. However the amount of stress that students experience here are almost suffocating. The aura of competition for college and grades is quite overwhelming, and the workload that students receive continue for hours and hours. But other than that, there is a tight community that binds the school and the town together.