Scarborough High School is a highly rated, public school located in Scarborough, ME. It has 996 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 59% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+127 Students
- C+73 Students
- B65 Students
- A-54 Students
- A+52 Students
- A+49 Students
- A+40 Students
- A-40 Students
- A+35 Students
- A34 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like Scarborough High School
- A+Cape Elizabeth High School
- Cape Elizabeth Public Schools, ME
- 66 reviews
- AGreely High School
- Regional School Unit No. 51 (MSAD 51), ME
- 143 reviews
- A+Yarmouth High School
- Yarmouth Schools, ME
- 125 reviews
- A-Gorham High School
- Gorham Public Schools, ME
- 173 reviews
Scarborough High School Reviews
I went to SHS for all of high school from upstate Maine, and I found that the school was very presentable. I played volleyball for all four years, and the sports facilities were superb! The teachers inspired me and really wished for my success a the school and beyond. The students were cliquey, but that is normal in a high school. I also found that the parents were super involved with the school. Scarborough High School is the average high school with updates facilities and an overwhelmingly supportive community of educators, administrators and community members.
Scarborough High School is full of great teachers who are passionate about their students and what they are teaching. The AP classes are difficult but often taught by the best teachers who work hard to ensure that the students are being given every chance to succeed. This is a high school and as such there the common culture of popularity exists. Yet even those in the top tier don't meet the common stereotype of being self righteous and judgemental. On the contrary they are often welcoming and helpful. Scarborough students in general are told to be the best. Not only in one aspect of their life, but all. They are expected to be both exceptional athlete and outstanding students. This is typically due to unreasonable requests by faculty members such as Mr. Legage. In general this is a great place to go to school. Just be sure of who you are and be confident enough to know that you don't need to do everything otherwise you will drive yourself crazy.
I have enjoyed my time in Scarborough, teachers are helpful and care about their students. I have had many teachers support me and guide me in the right direction. Scarborough High School has a great overall learning environment. I have seen students being shaped through out my high school career; it is astounding to be a child coming in from middle school and leaving as responsible young adults. I am a senior here in Scarborough and, I am more than confident that my future is going to be successful. The only thing I believe needs to change is school spirit; although I have seen students through out the years become more interested in school activities than when I first started here in Scarborough. I believe that teachers and staff had a lot to do with the positive shift in the overall environment. I am very thankful to have been able to attend Scarborough.