Scarborough High School is a highly rated, public school located in Scarborough, ME. It has 979 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 59% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B155 Students
- C+88 Students
- B-75 Students
- A-73 Students
- A+64 Students
- A+59 Students
- A+53 Students
- A-50 Students
- A+48 Students
- A+43 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like Scarborough High School
- A+Cape Elizabeth High School
- Cape Elizabeth Public Schools, ME
- 75 reviews
- AGreely High School
- Regional School Unit No. 51 (MSAD 51), ME
- 151 reviews
- A+Yarmouth High School
- Yarmouth Schools, ME
- 128 reviews
- B+Gorham High School
- Gorham Public Schools, ME
- 186 reviews
Scarborough High School Reviews
I went to SHS for all of high school from upstate Maine, and I found that the school was very presentable. I played volleyball for all four years, and the sports facilities were superb! The teachers inspired me and really wished for my success a the school and beyond. The students were cliquey, but that is normal in a high school. I also found that the parents were super involved with the school. Scarborough High School is the average high school with updates facilities and an overwhelmingly supportive community of educators, administrators and community members.
Scarborough High School is an excellent place to receive an education. Most teachers are extremely committed to their students success in terms of education and overall well-being. Furthermore, there are a variety of sports and activities. One of the great things about this school is that if there isn’t something that suits you, it is very easy to create your own club, group, sports, etc. The environment is overall welcoming. One of the downfalls to the high school is the staff to help with the college search and application process. There is one person who simply is too overworked to be really invested to helping the students in what they need to do to move on beyond high school, which is frustrating. Despite the small things, Scarborough is an optimal environment for a student to flourish
I loved my years at Scarborough High School. The community is great and there are many classes for all interests. The teachers are amazing, and I feel extremely prepared for college. Scarborough is definitely a sports school, so a lot of people go to the games and our teams do well. Our arts program is often overlooked but is still very strong. I was able to take 11 AP classes and so far I have passed every AP test(I’m a senior so I haven’t completed my final tests). Overall Scarborough High School is a welcoming place and the administration and teachers seem to really care about the students.