Scappoose High School is a public school located in Scappoose, OR. It has 791 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Scappoose High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-114 Students
- B109 Students
- B-90 Students
- A-76 Students
- A74 Students
- B-60 Students
- B42 Students
- B+32 Students
- A21 Students
- B-20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like Scappoose High School
- C+Battle Ground High School
- Battle Ground School District, WA
- 242 reviews
- C+Banks High School
- Banks School District, OR
- 101 reviews
- B+Skyview High School
- Vancouver School District, WA
- 361 reviews
- C+St. Helens High School
- St. Helens School District, OR
- 147 reviews
Scappoose High School Reviews
I like the community of people, everyone there is willing to put in the work and help each other out. during sporting events a very large portion of the student show up to support their fellow classmates. The only thing I would change is the teaching aspect of it. What I mean by that is teaching the things that just about every school leaves out before college. They leave out things you actually need in the real world, such as; how to start a business or how to work efficiently with others.
Scappoose High School offers a lot of activities and sports, as well as many different arts. However, it focuses greatly on sports, leaving art and music programs less supported. General safety is also a concern. But the overall student body is considered to be quite well behaved and exemplary. The staff is also adequate and friendly.
I am very glad that I attend Scappoose High School. It's a great environment filled with good teachers and (for the most part) good students. Along with this, we have a very active community. The stands of most sporting events are always filled with supporting town members. We also have a wide variety of AP and college courses, which is unusual for a rural public school such as this. Our athletic program is great! I think our two state championships last year can attest for that. There are only two things I would change. The school lacks test prep classes, which would greatly improve our average SAT scores. And we have a block schedule. It's terrible. But overall, I would definitely choose Scappoose High School again and highly recommend it to others.