Sayville High School is a highly rated, public school located in West Sayville, NY. It has 987 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Sayville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-91 Students
- A-80 Students
- A+62 Students
- B+60 Students
- B59 Students
- B-52 Students
- B50 Students
- C50 Students
- A46 Students
- A+45 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 33 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Sayville High School
- ASmithtown High School East
- Smithtown Central School District, NY
- 211 reviews
- A-West Islip Senior High School
- West Islip Union Free School District, NY
- 253 reviews
- AMount Sinai High School
- Mount Sinai School District, NY
- 128 reviews
- ABayport-Blue Point High School
- Bayport-Blue Point Union Free School District, NY
- 96 reviews
Sayville High School Reviews
I have been in this school district for my whole life. It overall has been a great experience. My district is on the smaller side, therefore there is more one on one with the teachers and everyone knows each other. This is good and bad, everyone is so tight knit we are like a big family but at the same time everyone knows everyone's business. I would say a large majority of the teachers are extremely understanding and passionate about their jobs and helping the student. I also believe that the school is working on programs/ clubs and academic opportunities to make us all into better people and set us up to be more successful.
I feel that my experience at Sayville High School has been nothing but phenomenal. The staff and faculty are so knowledgeable, passionate, and considerate, and the school facility is superb. An excellent school, all around!
Attending Sayville High School is a very innovative experience. You are able to learn from great teachers who are able to transform learning into something more to capture your interest, which helps you as a student. The atmosphere is very friendly, you will never walk out of a classroom and not hear someone say hello to you, or ask you what's up, including teachers. Sayville High School has also gotten much more supportive of different groups of people. Assemblies will be held for various clubs to speak about what they want getting across to the school and plays will be held before outside audience comes to watch. The guidance counselors are also very useful and helpful in whether it be preparing your schedule or prepping you for college. It truly is a great place to learn and grow.