Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Sauquoit Valley High School is an above average, public school located in Sauquoit, NY. It has 282 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Sauquoit Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+35 Students
- B-24 Students
- B+20 Students
- A18 Students
- A-14 Students
- B-14 Students
- B14 Students
- B13 Students
- B13 Students
- B+12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Sauquoit Valley High School
- B-Waterville Junior/Senior High School
- Waterville Central School District, NY
- 26 reviews
- BWestmoreland High School
- Westmoreland Central School District, NY
- 45 reviews
- BNew York Mills Junior/Senior High School
- New York Mills Union Free School District, NY
- 15 reviews
- B+Whitesboro High School
- Whitesboro Central School District, NY
- 138 reviews
Sauquoit Valley High School Reviews
A smaller community of students and staff than many other schools, with a graduating class usually of 100 or lower, allows for a more personal education. Low student to teacher ratios are great when you're in need of some extra support or helping hand. Everyone is exceptionally welcoming, relationships formed with the teachers is unlike any other a school I've attended. Academics can be ridiculously easy or especially challenging, depending on one's work ethic and classes they decide to take. Junior year and beyond, there is a lot of academic freedom. Two downsides: the entire art department consists of one classroom, one teacher, and there is not a lot of emphasis on it. This and, racial diversity at this school is virtually nonexistent. As a poc and newer student, I was a bit shellshocked the first couple days, as I came from a school where there was a 50/50 ratio between caucasian and poc. Here is, wow. Surprising too, because Utica is right there. NONETHELESS, great school!
I have enjoyed my experience and years at Sauquoit Valley High School. Unlike some people, I love how small and close the community is with each other. Such as with sports, even though we are a small school almost all the students and parents go and support the other sports teams which is a great sense of a close community. With all the recent shootings around the United States, I have never once felt uncomfortable, threatened, or unsafe. Our school is very serious and strict about our safety which is important now a days. This past school year Sauquoit hired a police officer to be at the school at all times to check and walk the halls during the school day to make sure everything is good and okay and also to be there in case of an emergency. As I am applying to college, I feel as though Sauquoit has prepared me to go off to college and experience this new chapter of my life. All in all, I have enjoyed the memories and experiences with Sauquoit Valley.
Growing up in Sauquoit, I was honored the opportunity to create friendships that will last a lifetime, learn more about my future career path through internships and a well-rounded education, and have a successful career in high school sports.