Sault Area High School is an above average, public, magnet school located in Sault Sainte Marie, MI. It has 738 students in grades 5-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Sault Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-100 Students
- B-70 Students
- A69 Students
- B+53 Students
- B49 Students
- A+45 Students
- B38 Students
- B+21 Students
- B-18 Students
- A18 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyB-
- Cost of LivingA-
- Good for FamiliesB
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Sault Area High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Sault Area High School Reviews
The majority of the teachers are great teachers and people, but there are a few who simply do not care about whether their students do well or are learning anything. The food sucks eggs. We have a good diversity rating, but it is solely because of the high native american population and it doesn't actually feel diverse at all. Compared to almost every school in our area, our sports teams do well, despite the very small amount of money they receive. There is not much student involvement in clubs because all of the school is heavily focused on sports. Since it is such a small town, there is not a lot of acceptance for people who are different, but I do think that is definitely getting a lot better. The "school culture" is pretty normal for a high school, I assume. There isn't much conflict, but there is plenty of drama.
The thing I liked about Sault Area High School is how much the teachers helped you. If you felt like you were unsuccessful in anyway the teachers would make you feel back on top in a heart beat. They had really good sport choices and the Career Center was amazing. I took a class which was called Allied Health and it helped and motivated me to push towards my nursing career, allowed you to see cool things in the hospital setting, and even gave you transportation if you needed it. Everyone in the school is a family and since I graduated I'll miss it a lot.
The school environment could be better and honestly there’s just way too much drama. It’s really annoying other then that people are annoying, THERES SO MUCH UNNECESSARY WORK. I feel like it’s just because they are board and just want to throw work out