Sauk Prairie High School is an above average, public school located in Prairie du Sac, WI. It has 839 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 46% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Sauk Prairie High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+104 Students
- A+50 Students
- B38 Students
- B+35 Students
- B+34 Students
- A-33 Students
- B32 Students
- B29 Students
- B27 Students
- C+26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Sauk Prairie High School
- B+Baraboo High School
- Baraboo School District, WI
- 102 reviews
- A-Lodi High School
- Lodi School District, WI
- 52 reviews
- B+Wisconsin Heights High School
- Wisconsin Heights School District, WI
- 42 reviews
- A+Waunakee High School
- Waunakee Community School District, WI
- 192 reviews
Sauk Prairie High School Reviews
I loved the teachers and the smaller amount of students per graduating class. Having a smaller number of students per graduating class made it easy to really get to know all of my classmates and create forever friends. Although my personal experience here was fantastic, I know some students don't share that same opinion. I do wish to see even more teacher involvement than there already was.
A very diverse faculty and high standards for student achievement provide for a very positive learning environment. The depth of the different departments and their dedication to their craft provide students the opportunity to expand into varying subjects they like, and makes school more bearable.
For the most part the staff was kind and there to help you pass. There were some that made this hard though for students and made them learn straight from the book with very little guidance. It is a small town so there are not a lot of options teacher wise for students to choose and normally they cannot pick what teacher they want. I did well in school for the most part due to a few teachers that were there fully for their students and did what they could to help them succeed.