Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C minus
Sauk Centre Secondary School is an above average, public school located in Sauk Centre, MN. It has 549 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 64% of students are at least proficient in math and 66% in reading.
Sauk Centre Secondary School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B+27 Students
- grade B+22 Students
- grade A22 Students
- grade A minus21 Students
- grade B+20 Students
- grade C+19 Students
- grade B17 Students
- grade B16 Students
- grade B+15 Students
- grade B14 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 8 responses
- Spring Fling25%
- 7th Grade Field Day13%
- Incentive Day13%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,980 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 5 responses
Sauk Centre Secondary School Reviews
Rating 3.3 out of 5 27 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Sauk Centre Secondary School had a lot to teach. It was also fun to go there, the school is very hands on. Another thing Sauk Centre Secondary taught me was teamwork. I was on their swim team for 6 years and it was incredible at how much teamwork was put into the swim team. I went to Sauk Centre Secondary School since I was in preschool and I think Sauk Centre has taught me well. It has taught me everything I needed to know for college. One thing I would say that Sauk Centre Secondary School needs to change is the courses. It needs to have more diverse courses, to help better prepare students for classes they may need or want to take in college for their future careers. Yes, they have a lot of courses, they just might want to expanse it to more.
I really enjoyed my high school years at SCHS, I am from a small town with a small graduating class of 83 students. Because we have such a low number everyone is either playing sports together, in the same classes, or neighbors. The students get to be like a family, and all of the parents become really good friends too! The administration is absolutely wonderful and really helps to make sure that clichés don't start to form, and the same amount of trouble makers that we do have stay to a minimum.
My experience at Sauk Centre has over all been good. Things that have made me sad were the class options that we are given as students. We are given so few options of classes as we progress in our high school experience and the ones that are given to us will not help us in the future. We were given the option to go PSEO, but we were told that if that is the route we choose to go we will not be allowed to walk across the stage for graduation.