Saucon Valley Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+55 Students
- A48 Students
- A-43 Students
- A+31 Students
- B-28 Students
- A+28 Students
- A-26 Students
- B+24 Students
- B23 Students
- B-21 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Saucon Valley Senior High School
- A-Pennridge High School
- Pennridge School District, PA
- 277 reviews
- A-Palisades High School
- Palisades School District, PA
- 87 reviews
- A-Nazareth Area High School
- Nazareth Area School District, PA
- 253 reviews
- AEmmaus High School
- East Penn School District, PA
- 237 reviews
Saucon Valley Senior High School Reviews
Saucon Valley Senior High School has many good qualities including strong academics and dedicated teachers. Although, the school has a large lack of diversity and connection between the different departments. For instance, the classes are primarily white, with similar opinion throughout. Thus, I believe it would beneficial for the school to nurture creativity and personal opinions of the student on a larger scale. This would allow for greater debate, learning, and growth in the individual. Moreover, the schedule needs revamping. It lacks a solid flow and with the rotating paw period lacks a strong foundation to truly promote the enrichment of the student. Ultimately, Saucon is a strong school district, but required changes on the fundamental level in order to continue growing and to become a more cohesive school community.
The teachers all vary. Some of them go above and beyond allowing the students to perform at their very best. However, there are teachers who could careless about the students. They only hand out busy work and I feel like I'm never learning. Since our school has turned into a paperless school for the most part, teachers are using Apple TVs and projectors for their lessons. If the teacher genuinely cares for the class and subject, they are all very passionate and willing to share their knowledge. The teachers will do everything they can inorder to teach the students.
I honestly couldn't imagine going to a different high school. Almost every person there has a kind heart and a well meaning. The teachers are willing to help. Students have a very nice relationship with at least one teacher. Most have more. The school counselors are always available. The student body gets along well with each other. The attendence at any school event is usually pretty high. I had an opportunity to transfer to a very pretentious private school, but I know this public school was thoroughly meant to be the high school for me.