Saucon Valley Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Hellertown, PA. It has 737 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Saucon Valley Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+64 Students
- A61 Students
- A-56 Students
- A+36 Students
- B-35 Students
- A-32 Students
- A+32 Students
- B29 Students
- B+27 Students
- B-26 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyA-
- Cost of LivingB-
- Good for FamiliesA
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Saucon Valley Senior High School
- A-Pennridge High School
- Pennridge School District, PA
- 295 reviews
- A-Palisades High School
- Palisades School District, PA
- 91 reviews
- A-Nazareth Area High School
- Nazareth Area School District, PA
- 261 reviews
- AEmmaus High School
- East Penn School District, PA
- 252 reviews
Saucon Valley Senior High School Reviews
Saucon Valley Senior High School has many good qualities including strong academics and dedicated teachers. Although, the school has a large lack of diversity and connection between the different departments. For instance, the classes are primarily white, with similar opinion throughout. Thus, I believe it would beneficial for the school to nurture creativity and personal opinions of the student on a larger scale. This would allow for greater debate, learning, and growth in the individual. Moreover, the schedule needs revamping. It lacks a solid flow and with the rotating paw period lacks a strong foundation to truly promote the enrichment of the student. Ultimately, Saucon is a strong school district, but required changes on the fundamental level in order to continue growing and to become a more cohesive school community.
As I student I felt that my basic needs were satisfactorily met. The main thing that I feel is left to be desired is a feeling if preparedness for life at college. I feel that overall too much emphasis is placed on STEM or humanities but not enough on business, professional development or basic technical skills. While this may be true in many schools I feel that my experience was inadequate in these areas specifically. On a positive note the district does have some faculty and staff that are involved with community and the school does have substantial access to technology. However overall the general attitude of the faculty and the facilities can sometimes leave something to be desired.
Saucon Valley has an excellent array of extracurricular opportunities, including anything from sports to band to clubs. It also has a scheduling system that allows you to take control of how light or heavy your course load is, customizing your high school education to your own learning needs and ability. However, the advice from the guidance counselors could be more beneficial or helpful if the check-ins on career paths and college options occurred quarterly, rather than annually.