Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Saucon Valley Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Hellertown, PA. It has 740 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Saucon Valley Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+109 Students
- A100 Students
- A-87 Students
- B52 Students
- A+48 Students
- A-47 Students
- C+46 Students
- A+44 Students
- B37 Students
- A+35 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 85 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Schools like Saucon Valley Senior High School
- B+Pennridge High School
- Pennridge School District, PA
- 328 reviews
- B+Palisades High School
- Palisades School District, PA
- 101 reviews
- ANazareth Area High School
- Nazareth Area School District, PA
- 292 reviews
- A-Emmaus High School
- East Penn School District, PA
- 325 reviews
Saucon Valley Senior High School Reviews
I am currently a sophomore at Saucon Valley High school. I love the school and the teachers, as they know how to prepare us for college. However, what I don’t like about Saucon Valley is that as a new student, it’s very hard to make friends. The students are unwelcome and are often very “clicky”. I also don’t like how most of the high school is obsessed with class rank and gpa. Although this aspect is important for college, it affects high school greatly because students take AP classes just for the extra credit and don’t bother to really learn the material. Super competitive students and teachers who encourage this behavior really make the high school experience unpleasant.
Overall, I think Saucon valley was a great place with many good teachers who were willing to help you learn and grow. There was also a lot of kids there, so there was a lot of diversity as well. I have had a good experience so far, but I wish the school stressed the importance of overall career preparation or your general high school experience instead of just what your class rank was. Colleges look for so much more than just your class rank and it took a lot of fun and valuable learning experiences out of high school, because so many students were taking classes they felt they had to take instead of what they wanted to take.
Saucon Valley Senior High School has many good qualities including strong academics and dedicated teachers. Although, the school has a large lack of diversity and connection between the different departments. For instance, the classes are primarily white, with similar opinion throughout. Thus, I believe it would beneficial for the school to nurture creativity and personal opinions of the student on a larger scale. This would allow for greater debate, learning, and growth in the individual. Moreover, the schedule needs revamping. It lacks a solid flow and with the rotating paw period lacks a strong foundation to truly promote the enrichment of the student. Ultimately, Saucon is a strong school district, but required changes on the fundamental level in order to continue growing and to become a more cohesive school community.