Saratoga Springs High School is a highly rated, public school located in Saratoga Springs, NY. It has 2,108 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 98% of students are at least proficient in math and 97% in reading.
Saratoga Springs High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A133 Students
- A+121 Students
- A+118 Students
- A-114 Students
- A+105 Students
- A+98 Students
- B+91 Students
- A-82 Students
- A-79 Students
- A-79 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 69 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.40 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.48 responses
Schools like Saratoga Springs High School
- A-Shenendehowa High School
- Shenendehowa Central School District, NY
- 243 reviews
- A-Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake Senior High School
- Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake Central School District, NY
- 118 reviews
- A-Ballston Spa Senior High School
- Ballston Spa Central School District, NY
- 245 reviews
- B-South Glens Falls Senior High School
- South Glens Falls Central School District, NY
- 120 reviews
Saratoga Springs High School Reviews
While there are a great amount of stuck up entitled kids, and your typical “high school hierarchy”, my experience here has been great. I am by no means outgoing, and am in truth rather shy, but I have found a close group of friends that I cherish. In addition, almost all the teachers I have had over the course of four years have been incredible, have broadened my perspective of the world, and more than adequately prepared me for both end of the year testing, like APs and regents exams, and life beyond high school.
Throughout my four years at Saratoga Springs High School, I have thought that the school was the perfect size. It gave me opportunities to always meet new people and become experienced in various different activities. The teachers were always very helpful and offered every student help when needed. At Saratoga Springs High School, the environment was positive particularly during school spirit week and athletic events. During the homecoming football games, the home student section would be crammed with kids dressed in Saratoga Springs apparel. If I could change one thing, it would be for more economic and political diversity within the student population.
Saratoga Springs High School has great AP programs, and AP teachers are very willing to work with students. However, in the normal placement classes there is little motivation to succeed. As student taking AP classes, Saratoga has definitely prepared me for college, and there are some resources, such as the math learning center, that provide students with extra help.