Saranac High School is an above average, public school located in Saranac, NY. It has 425 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Saranac High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B88 Students
- C+43 Students
- A-24 Students
- B-22 Students
- B19 Students
- A-15 Students
- B+14 Students
- A+13 Students
- A12 Students
- C11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Saranac High School
- B-Beekmantown High School
- Beekmantown Central School District, NY
- 107 reviews
- BAusable Valley High School
- Ausable Valley Central School District, NY
- 34 reviews
- B-Peru Jr./Sr. High School
- Peru Central School District, NY
- 71 reviews
- B+Plattsburgh Senior High School
- Plattsburgh City School District, NY
- 77 reviews
Saranac High School Reviews
I have had a successful high school career here. The teachers at Saranac High School are exceptional. They dedicate extra time and effort to ensuring that their students understand the material taught in the classroom. In addition, they care about the well-being of the student. They give guidance and reassurance. Also, Saranac High School offers several opportunities. I have participated in three sports throughout high school, National Honor Society, Key Club, College for Every Student, and I am a class officer. There is also a drama club, outdoors club, art club, multicultural club, and so much more. The one thing that I would like to see improve in this school is the sense of community. Although the faculty and staff attempts to reinforce this idea, it goes unnoticed.
I like how caring most of the teachers are, but some are not understanding of students who need extra assistance or have extenuating circumstances or have moved from another state. I had issues with the administration following my 504 and with catching up on Regents from years that I was out-of-state because I transferred. However, some teachers are the best of my life and put their all in.
The high school was a very friendly and homelike environment. Some of the best people in the world worked at the school. No matter how who you were or how you acted everyone got a long very well. The teachers were so dedicated to their work and helping students achieve their goals. While the school isn't very diverse with the programs available to us (especially AP classes) the ones that were conducted at our school were very good and they helped us a lot within the year for our exams.