Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Saraland High School is a highly rated, public school located in Saraland, AL. It has 1,050 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 58% of students are at least proficient in math and 59% in reading.
Saraland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B321 Students
- A177 Students
- A157 Students
- B142 Students
- A-121 Students
- C+118 Students
- B117 Students
- B+116 Students
- B105 Students
- B56 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 54 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Saraland High School Reviews
My experience at Saraland High School has been astonishing. The administrators' main focus is on the students and making sure that they have the access to resources for their education. Teachers make themselves available after school for students who need help to better understand a lesson. Teachers also make sure that every student understands the lesson before moving on to the next. The janitorial staff keeps the school neat and tidy. The staff in the cafeteria provide delicious lunches for students and are very nice to talk to. Overall, the environment at Saraland High School is welcoming, friendly, safe, and helpful. One thing I would like to see change is the entrance and exit to the school from the road. In the afternoons, the traffic gets backed up and it makes it very hard for students and administrators to leave on time. I think a second entrance and exit would help tremendously.
Saraland high school has a very well thought through set up as it relates to their academics, organizations, faculty and staff, and sports. Not only do they offer plenty of opportunities for their students to get involved and express themselves, but they also put safety first and guarantee their students to feel comfortable in their learning environment. Saraland High School also puts in an enormous amount of effort to help support the community through hosting events for everyone to attend. You never have to worry about feeling excluded or unwelcome. Lastly, their heart and spirit is what puts the icing on the cake. Saraland City Schools as a whole will endlessly support anyone and everyone while keeping a kind heart. This encourages so many individuals to build bonds with others while growing together.
The teachers really care about their students and you can tell they enjoy working there. They take a personal interest in your child and do everything they can to help your child succeed. The campus is beautiful. There are many opportunities for involvement from sports to business organizations. They have excellent welding and nursing programs and upon satisfactory completion, students could join the workforce straight out of high school.