Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Santiam Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Mill City, OR. It has 261 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Santiam Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-26 Students
- A-22 Students
- C21 Students
- B-19 Students
- B14 Students
- C+11 Students
- B+8 Students
- B-7 Students
- B6 Students
- B6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Santiam Junior/Senior High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Santiam Junior/Senior High School Reviews
SJSHS was a cool experience, although I would have loved to see more opportunity when it comes to classes. Not many to choose from. The school seems to be moving up considering the athletic department, there is a band, more and more improvements within the buildings, a new flag and weightroom equipment. It is a joy to see the upgrades.
It is an amazing school. The students and teachers there all really good and you get one-on-one help from teachers because it is a small school. My experience has been amazing for four years. One thing i would change though is the lack of discipline on kids who misbehave.
I enjoyed very much my high school extracurricular experience. I played varsity football, varsity wrestling, varsity track, and participated in American pop culture, guitar, and drama. The programs are very good and always very fun. The focus is not pricipally to win or be the best but to have fun and learn new things.