Santiago High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+237 Students
- A+214 Students
- A202 Students
- A-185 Students
- A-173 Students
- A155 Students
- A+151 Students
- B+148 Students
- A143 Students
- A+143 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.57 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.57 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.73 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.89 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.89 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.89 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.94 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.94 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.94 responses
Santiago High School Reviews
Review Santiago High School
Santiago high school is a well-developed school for the CNUSD school district. The negatives of the school can vary from student to student; personally, Santiago could use some improvements. The bathrooms are missing mirrors, the campus is covered in black gum dots, and the buildings are faded and musty. The teachers are highly educated yet a vast majority lack the necessary teaching skills which are needed to run a class. The staff at the school is constantly changing, causing a lack of order in many aspects of the school. There are many positives to Santiago, mainly with its nonacademic programs. The arts are fantastic with consistent and massive wins throughout the year. The athletics also contribute to this with several CIF winning teams and the rest close to it; however, Santiago seems to consistently struggle with the aspect of football. Overall the school is top ranking in many ways but struggles with the basic nessecities.
Overall, I love this school. What makes Santiago stand out above the waves, is the way it tries determinedly sets up a activities and events that makes the long year of school less stressful. These events include a bimonthly entertaining and informative school show called "The Bite," halftime show performances during football games, spontaneous music or performances in the quad, planned dances, rallies, and of course, senior events which include Senior Sunrise, and grad night. The one thing about this school that could need improvements on in the future would be the efficiency and kindness of the schools counselors and workers in the offices.
My experience has been overall very good at Santiago High School. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Many teachers will stay after school to help you if needed. There is also a big selection of classes to take here ranging from art to photography. However, it is a very large campus and they only give you 8 minutes to get to each class. Which does not leave you enough time sometimes to use the restroom and go to your locker if needed. With that, I would recommend this school to others as I have learned a lot from here and I will remember it always.