Santa Fe Trail High School is a public school located in Carbondale, KS. It has 307 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Santa Fe Trail High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-47 Students
- B47 Students
- B35 Students
- A-35 Students
- B21 Students
- C+19 Students
- B-18 Students
- B12 Students
- C+10 Students
- B+9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Santa Fe Trail High School
- BOsage City High School
- Osage City Unified School District, KS
- 49 reviews
- C+Burlingame Junior/Senior High School
- Burlingame Public Schools, KS
- 43 reviews
- B+West Franklin High School
- West Franklin Unified School District, KS
- 25 reviews
- BLyndon High School
- Lyndon Unified School District, KS
- 44 reviews
Santa Fe Trail High School Reviews
I have been in the school district since I was in kindergarten and I have had a wonderful experience here. Along the way I have met some of my lifelong best friends and I have met a lot of new people. Santa Fe Trail is a wonderful school and is a wonderful place to be. One thing in particular that I really liked about the high school was that they offered college classes through Allen and I was able to get most of my nursing prerequisites done, so that helped me out tremendously! I was also able to attend Washburn Tech my junior year and I got my CNA, I am very thankful that SFT offered me that so I could get a head start in my career.
I have been in plenty of extracurricular activities and most of them are fairly nice. Our FBLA groups adviser is actually the state chairman in Kansas. Our NHS adviser is super supportive and allows the students to run the club and only steps in when we ask for help. My biggest thing is that people shouldn't be scared to join the clubs, anyone and everyone is invited!
The school size is small. That provides more opportunities for our sons to participate in some activities. Small town community.