Santa Fe High School is a public school located in Santa Fe, TX. It has 1,443 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 34% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-234 Students
- A+232 Students
- A+187 Students
- B+174 Students
- B-161 Students
- B157 Students
- C+135 Students
- A111 Students
- B-98 Students
- B97 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 67 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
Schools like Santa Fe High School
- B-Danbury High School
- Danbury Independent School District, TX
- 29 reviews
- BAlvin High School
- Alvin Independent School District, TX
- PK, K-12
- 247 reviews
- CHitchcock High School
- Hitchcock Independent School District, TX
- 32 reviews
- C+Texas City High School
- Texas City Independent School District, TX
- 248 reviews
Santa Fe High School Reviews
My high school years were not one to brag about. I am on a award winning drill team and many different extraciriculars while maintaining a 3.7 GPA. This may seem to be a great experience, however, In 2018, the end of my sophmore year, a fellow student decided to bring wepons into school and end the lives of eight students and two belovid teachers. SInce that day, I have lived over eight hours of my day in what seems to be prison. My parents can no longer come to many of the fun events we had my freshman year. Because of that day, we have metal detectors and officers everywhere, a constant reminder of what happened that day. Believe me, I will never forget my teachers, friends and classmates that were lost that day! However, isn't it time for those of us that are still there to be able to enjoy our high school years? Isn't it time to be proud of things we have accomplished and not always have it tarnished by the reminder of the act of one individual??
Currently, Santa Fe is working hard to change since the incident that happened two years ago. That hard work has paid off in a lot of ways, but has driven a divide in most student-teacher bonds. It lessens the quality of education. However, given time, eventually everything should improve and even out. For now however, this is the score I'll give them.
Santa Fe high school as a whole is not very good. As a student that is about to be in my third year of high school with Santa Fe, i must say that there are a lot of things to be worked on and improved. I have been a student here for most of my education and i can tell you first hand that the quality of the academics, teachers, and administration is rapidly declining. While attending this high school i have never once felt welcomed to talk to counselors or teachers about the things such as my grades, classes, or personal things going on in my life.