COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Santa Catalina is built on relationships. Whether we’re on campus or at home, we are committed to maintaining the strength and vibrancy of our community while also ensuring everyone’s health and safety. While we are unable to open schools in Monterey County, Catalina is prepared to open for in-person learning with our adapted protocols and guidelines once permission is granted. Learn More
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
Set against the scenic California coast in Monterey, Santa Catalina School is where you can discover the true you. Our all-girls boarding and day school is where inspired, powerful, active learning happens—in the classroom, on the field or the stage, and in the dorms. Catalina girls take ownership of their academics—including a marine ecology program that takes advantage of Monterey Bay—and they pursue their passions. The Catalina experience is about asking deeper questions, taking braver chances, and making bolder mistakes; it’s about our students becoming leaders that impact their communities and the world around them. True sisterhood creates a Catalina community that is fueled by curiosity, kindness, and confidence.
Santa Catalina School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+61 Students
- A+59 Students
- A52 Students
- A46 Students
- A+42 Students
- A+40 Students
- A-37 Students
- A+34 Students
- A+34 Students
- A32 Students
Marine Ecology Research Program at Catalina
Sitting just two miles from the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary, our signature program allows students to take full advantage of our location and its great educational value. With an emphasis on experiential learning, students will be in and around the ocean, doing research, learning by observation, testing hypotheses, and experimenting in the very environment they are studying.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses