Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Sanger High School is an above average, public school located in Sanger, CA. It has 3,102 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 25 to 1. According to state test scores, 39% of students are at least proficient in math and 71% in reading.
Sanger High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B479 Students
- A229 Students
- A+199 Students
- A+164 Students
- A153 Students
- A151 Students
- C141 Students
- A-135 Students
- A-132 Students
- B+128 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.34 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.34 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 112 responsesReport
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.48 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.46 responses
Schools like Sanger High School
- C+Taft High School
- Sanger Unified School District, CA
- 1 review
- B+Kingsburg High School
- Kingsburg Joint Union High School District, CA
- 135 reviews
- A-Clovis High School
- Clovis Unified School District, CA
- 451 reviews
- B-Fowler High School
- Fowler Unified School District, CA
- 127 reviews
Sanger High School Reviews
My overall experience with Sanger High School has been amazing. All staff are nice and understanding to everyone. One thing I don’t like much is that some teacher don’t really know how to teach well. A girl like me that doesn’t like to ask questions just stays quiet and asks for a friends help the next day. Some teachers don’t give enough examples and when it’s time to go home and do homework, it becomes difficult to do when you don’t know how to do something. Sanger High is indeed a great school with many activities and opportunities. As a junior they do start to get you prepared for the college lifestyle and start signing you up to College Board. My experience so far is terrific!
Sanger High School has some of the best teachers. They teacher in a deeper and meaningful level and care for the success of their students. There are pathways and AP classes on this campus for college credit and finishing an associate's degree. This school aids seniors in college readiness by continuously helping students with any questions, applications, and check up on their overall status. It is a safe school with administrators supervising all over the campus and they are actually close to our students as well. Instead of competition and ranking in academics, we work on the work ethnic and working as a team. It is easy to make friends with diverse and different people with different classes and interests. Overall, this school in my opinion is the best and makes me feel safe, ready, and a place to belong to.
My four years at Sanger High were a really wonderful time. School spirit is very strong there, and teachers and students do a lot to make everyone feel included. There are a ton of elective classes to choose from for almost any career path, and there is a strong emphasis on college readiness. My only complaint is that like many other public high schools, there is a much stronger emphasis on sports than creative fields like music and art. As an artist, I'd like to see more of the schools budget go towards newer and better quality art supplies, as well as more club activities for creative students.