Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C minus
Sanger High School is an above average, public school located in Sanger, CA. It has 3,102 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 25 to 1. According to state test scores, 40% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Sanger High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B543 Students
- grade A253 Students
- grade A+237 Students
- grade A+195 Students
- grade A179 Students
- grade A170 Students
- grade C164 Students
- grade A minus157 Students
- grade B+153 Students
- grade A minus141 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade C
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 35 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 35 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 119 responses
- Sports/end of the year senior events23%
- Food Day14%
- Mock Rock14%
- Car Show8%
- Seniors get the best treatment especially at ralli6%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 36 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 49 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$14,308 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 47 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 47 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 47 responses
Schools like Sanger High School
- grade B minusTaft High School
- Sanger Unified School District, CA
- Rating 4 out of 5 1 review
- grade B+Kingsburg High School
- Kingsburg Joint Union High School District, CA
- Rating 3.84 out of 5 138 reviews
- grade A minusClovis High School
- Clovis Unified School District, CA
- Rating 3.88 out of 5 468 reviews
- grade B minusFowler High School
- Fowler Unified School District, CA
- Rating 3.95 out of 5 132 reviews
Sanger High School Reviews
Rating 3.86 out of 5 307 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Sanger High has much to offer from its education to its athletics! The school offers many ap classes and also allows students to get ahead of their education which is great for students like! The teachers also take time to help students in their own time. The sports teams are also so including too, I think it's very easy for students to get along with the teachers and allows students to also make friends which is great! Although Sanger does sound great, some teachers can be very harsh and ignorant. From personal experience, a teacher had taken away my "privileges" for not doing a homework assignment because of an immediate family emergency. Some coaches can push their athletes to the limit and I have seen it affect many teens mentally! Hence, Sanger is a great place with its education but it does have its many flaws with its teachers who do not know boundaries.
My overall experience with Sanger High School has been amazing. All staff are nice and understanding to everyone. One thing I don’t like much is that some teacher don’t really know how to teach well. A girl like me that doesn’t like to ask questions just stays quiet and asks for a friends help the next day. Some teachers don’t give enough examples and when it’s time to go home and do homework, it becomes difficult to do when you don’t know how to do something. Sanger High is indeed a great school with many activities and opportunities. As a junior they do start to get you prepared for the college lifestyle and start signing you up to College Board. My experience so far is terrific!
Sanger High School has some of the best teachers. They teacher in a deeper and meaningful level and care for the success of their students. There are pathways and AP classes on this campus for college credit and finishing an associate's degree. This school aids seniors in college readiness by continuously helping students with any questions, applications, and check up on their overall status. It is a safe school with administrators supervising all over the campus and they are actually close to our students as well. Instead of competition and ranking in academics, we work on the work ethnic and working as a team. It is easy to make friends with diverse and different people with different classes and interests. Overall, this school in my opinion is the best and makes me feel safe, ready, and a place to belong to.