Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade B minus
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C minus
Sangamon Valley High School is an above average, public school located in Niantic, IL. It has 217 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Sangamon Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B31 Students
- grade B24 Students
- grade C+22 Students
- grade A+16 Students
- grade B+15 Students
- grade B13 Students
- grade B minus11 Students
- grade B11 Students
- grade B9 Students
- grade B minus9 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade B minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 3 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$14,598 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 3 responses
Schools like Sangamon Valley High School
- grade B minusWarrensburg-Latham High School
- Warrensburg-Latham Community Unit School District No. 11, IL
- Rating 3.91 out of 5 44 reviews
- grade B minusMeridian High School
- Meridian Community Unit School District No. 15, IL
- Rating 3.46 out of 5 26 reviews
- grade BMount Pulaski High School
- Mount Pulaski Community Unit School District No. 23, IL
- Rating 3.81 out of 5 31 reviews
- grade BMt. Zion High School
- Mount Zion Community Unit School District No. 3, IL
- Rating 3.62 out of 5 154 reviews
Sangamon Valley High School Reviews
Rating 4.05 out of 5 20 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Sangamon valley is a smaller school, and the teachers are very interactive with the students. They are always there before and after school to help with any questions. However, the school is not known for the best of things, including drugs, weapons, and even threats made by current students.
I liked how close knit the community is inside the school. You can easily know everyones names and they will know yours. I didn't like how certain teachers would rather force students to memorize information than teaching it throughly .
I enjoy attending Sangamon Valley. I like the atmosphere and the fact that you know everyone there because it's a small town school. Although, there are not a lot of options for clubs or sports, which I understand because it is a small school. Overall, I've had a pretty good experience so far at Sangamon Valley High School.