Sanford High School is a public school located in Sanford, ME. It has 1,000 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 26% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Sanford High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+140 Students
- B+133 Students
- B75 Students
- C+71 Students
- A-70 Students
- B-50 Students
- B46 Students
- B-45 Students
- B-41 Students
- A+29 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
Schools like Sanford High School
- C+Massabesic High School
- Regional School Unit No. 57 (MSAD 57), ME
- 184 reviews
- C+Biddeford High School
- Biddeford Public Schools, ME
- 71 reviews
- C+Noble High School
- Regional School Unit No. 60 (MSAD 60), ME
- 153 reviews
- CSpaulding High School
- Rochester School District, NH
- 397 reviews
Sanford High School Reviews
My experience with Sanford High School had its ups and downs. I participated in cheerleading which kept me busy and I had so much fun participating in it for all four years of high school. The majority of the teachers at this school was pretty average, but some stood out and helped me prepare for adult life. Without them, I would struggle not knowing what to do and have a hard time getting through college. The only thing I would want to change about this school is the administration and food. I feel like the admin should have handled situations better. Also with the food at the school, it didn't taste very well but I appreciate how hard the lunch ladies work. Even though Sanford was not as good as other schools I overall enjoyed my experience at Sanford High and I hope others did too.
The best and worst parts of the Sanford High are the teachers. Some teachers, like the various AP are passionate and ready to teach. Other teachers don’t care about their students, and so it’s hard to get a valuable education. Many students here are also unappreciative of the new school built this year. As much as the school is going forward, we are also taking steps back. There are lots of opportunities here in Sanford, it just takes a special kid to go after them.
There are so many after school activities at this school. Sanford High School also allows students to start their own after-school organizations if there is enough interest. For starters, there are many sports teams. We have swim, football, basketball, lacrosse, field hockey, tennis, soccer, softball, baseball, and wrestling. Sports are a major part of this school! But we also have educational organizations too. For example, I was in the French club and we took a trip to Montreal over April vacation. It was one the most amazing experiences ever! Some students started a dance club where they make up their own dance routines and perform for people. I'd say the arts clubs are the most popular after sports. For example, there are about 50 kids in art club and 30 in the photography club. There is also an amazing program called Odyssey of the Mind, which I was involved in. Our team won at states and got to go to World Finals in Iowa! It was so amazing! Other after school organizations include the math club, mock trial club, chess club, and Key Club. I joined Key Club for a while and it was great. We helped lots of people and even went to the Boston Children's Hospital to deliver blankets for kids!