Sandy Valley High School
- MAGNOLIA, OH
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade C
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade C minus
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade C minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Sandy Valley High School is a public school located in MAGNOLIA, OH. It has 428 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Sandy Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B59 Students
- grade B minus55 Students
- grade A44 Students
- grade A minus42 Students
- grade C+25 Students
- grade B+24 Students
- grade C23 Students
- grade B19 Students
- grade B minus17 Students
- grade B17 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Sandy Valley High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responses
- Cross country and Prom25%
- Everything Was a Star Athlete25%
- Hurdles for Track and Field as well as musicals25%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 8 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$12,282 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 13 responses
Schools like Sandy Valley High School
- grade BNew Philadelphia High School
- New Philadelphia City School District, OH
- Rating 3.7 out of 5 80 reviews
- grade B minusMalvern High School
- Brown Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.59 out of 5 29 reviews
- grade B+Tuscarawas Valley High School
- Tuscarawas Valley Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.58 out of 5 62 reviews
- grade C+Claymont High School
- Claymont City School District, OH
- Rating 3.64 out of 5 95 reviews
Sandy Valley High School Reviews
Rating 3.25 out of 5 83 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Sandy Valley Local high-school is a school with a wide variety of access to new textbooks, with a great atmosphere with great teachers. Although it is a small school, every student has access to a teacher who would be willing to put in any extra help if the students needed it. The school board, however lacks the care for its students, and will continuously ignore problems that the students face, whether it be Wi-Fi or bullying issues. The students themselves lack the want for an education, but that doesn´t fall on the teachers themselves.
The campus is beautiful and unmatched by another local school district. My kids have been well prepared for collage and graduated as sophomores in collage because of the wonderful counseling and academic programs offered at Sandy Valley. This is just an amazing place full of opportunities to volunteer and build character. The athletic programs are great and they offer a wide range of varsity sports that are all very competitive. The arts program including band and the endless art classes offered like graphic design etc. Which are offered for collage credit. Those classes allow those interested in the arts to start a degree or get a better understanding what type of feild of art they'd like to pursue. I just love the many academic options like the new agriculture program that allows students interested in turf managment ect. to learn more about that and gain the skills needed to be successful after graduating g high school. I could not ask for more from my local high school.
I have been attending Sandy Valley since I was in elementary school and I love that it is a close knit community and that everyone is always supporting each other and that we all know one another! I had a house fire over spring break and everyone was so eager to help and they all offered as much as they could to us as a family and it was so amazing to see everyone come together for my family, it meant so much to us and we couldn't be more grateful. As far as school the teachers are all so amazing and they are all willing to help with the curriculum! I feel very prepared to go to college since I went through high school. I am going to Notre Dame College and I feel that what I have learned at Sandy Valley will help me accomplish my goals as a college student.