Sandy Valley High School is a public school located in Magnolia, OH. It has 443 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Sandy Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B51 Students
- B-43 Students
- A+38 Students
- A-36 Students
- C+23 Students
- C+21 Students
- B18 Students
- B17 Students
- B14 Students
- B14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Sandy Valley High School
- B+New Philadelphia High School
- New Philadelphia City School District, OH
- 71 reviews
- BMalvern High School
- Brown Local School District, OH
- 27 reviews
- B+Tuscarawas Valley High School
- Tuscarawas Valley Local School District, OH
- 61 reviews
- B-Claymont High School
- Claymont City School District, OH
- 85 reviews
Sandy Valley High School Reviews
The campus is beautiful and unmatched by another local school district. My kids have been well prepared for collage and graduated as sophomores in collage because of the wonderful counseling and academic programs offered at Sandy Valley. This is just an amazing place full of opportunities to volunteer and build character. The athletic programs are great and they offer a wide range of varsity sports that are all very competitive. The arts program including band and the endless art classes offered like graphic design etc. Which are offered for collage credit. Those classes allow those interested in the arts to start a degree or get a better understanding what type of feild of art they'd like to pursue. I just love the many academic options like the new agriculture program that allows students interested in turf managment ect. to learn more about that and gain the skills needed to be successful after graduating g high school. I could not ask for more from my local high school.
I have been attending Sandy Valley since I was in elementary school and I love that it is a close knit community and that everyone is always supporting each other and that we all know one another! I had a house fire over spring break and everyone was so eager to help and they all offered as much as they could to us as a family and it was so amazing to see everyone come together for my family, it meant so much to us and we couldn't be more grateful. As far as school the teachers are all so amazing and they are all willing to help with the curriculum! I feel very prepared to go to college since I went through high school. I am going to Notre Dame College and I feel that what I have learned at Sandy Valley will help me accomplish my goals as a college student.
I did not attend the school for a super long period of time. However, while I was there, I met some very dedicated teachers who helped and pushed me academically. They were always eager and excited to answer questions and took time to help me when i struggled with something. Another great thing about the school is its involvement with the small community surrounding it.