Sandy High School
- SANDY, OR
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade C+
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Sandy High School is an above average, public school located in SANDY, OR. It has 1,297 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 24 to 1. According to state test scores, 34% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Sandy High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus162 Students
- grade A minus115 Students
- grade C+112 Students
- grade B112 Students
- grade A minus53 Students
- grade B minus52 Students
- grade C+43 Students
- grade A41 Students
- grade unavailable40 Students
- grade B39 Students
View Homes Near Sandy High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responses
- Mr. D week40%
- The Decades Dance Assembly27%
- Decades Dance and Mr.D week20%
- Can Food Drive7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 14 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$13,360 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 18 responses
Schools like Sandy High School
- grade C+Sam Barlow High School
- Gresham-Barlow School District, OR
- Rating 3.58 out of 5 232 reviews
- grade B minusWashougal High School
- Washougal School District, WA
- Rating 3.4 out of 5 146 reviews
- grade B minusEstacada High School
- Estacada School District, OR
- Rating 3.21 out of 5 82 reviews
- grade BPutnam High School
- North Clackamas School District, OR
- Rating 3.8 out of 5 152 reviews
Sandy High School Reviews
Rating 3.56 out of 5 151 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
My experience at Sandy High School was the best experience I've ever had at a school. I enjoyed every second of my high school experience thanks to the students, teachers and staff. This school is very well organized and has many different opportunities for each student as an individual. I have gotten the best education because the teachers there genuinely care about their students. Thanks to my school counselor I have gotten so much done that I only needed 2 credits at the start of my Senior year and I know exactly what I want to do after high school. I would consider myself friends with most of the students at Sandy High School and they're all amazing and respectful individuals. I believe the friends I have made will be my life long friends. I also got the chance to be a part of Sandy's Varsity cheer team which was the best! The girls are amazing and so are the coaches. I am very proud to be a Pioneer! Go Sandy!
I loved my time at Sandy High School. The school offered "dual enrollment" with the community college which allowed me to earn over 40 college credits while in high school. This gave me a huge advantage when I started college. I bypassed most of the general education classes that most of my peers had to take during their first semesters. I also loved my teachers and still think of one of them as the best teacher I've ever had. The new building is amazing. It is clean and beautiful and has a great library, gym, black box, and auditorium. Sandy High School has a nicer building than my college!
Sandy High is an amazing school with opportunities that prepare you for college and even allow you to take some of your college courses before you leave high school. We have the best academics and athletics with a happy-go-lucky attitude on the field or in state competition. At SHS there’s something for everyone! With FFA, leadership, HOSA, equestrian club, snowriders, softball, and the list goes on, everyone can have fun any time or the season. Wether we’re on the field or at a desk, we have Pioneer pride!