Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Sandwich High School is an above average, public school located in East Sandwich, MA. It has 642 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Sandwich High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A143 Students
- A+74 Students
- B+73 Students
- A+72 Students
- B71 Students
- A+56 Students
- C+46 Students
- A+46 Students
- A46 Students
- A-44 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Sandwich High School
- BPlymouth South High School
- Plymouth Public Schools, MA
- 175 reviews
- A-Old Rochester Regional High School
- Old Rochester Public Schools, MA
- 159 reviews
- A-Falmouth High School
- Falmouth Public Schools, MA
- 142 reviews
- BMashpee High School
- Mashpee Public Schools, MA
- 109 reviews
Sandwich High School Reviews
Sandwich High School is a typical school that is pretty much split into two halves. The demographics of these two halves are drastically different. The first half is full of your typical Cape Cod residents: White, Rich, and entitled. The second half however are the brilliant people who are often over- looked. These are the people who make Sandwich High School what is. The artists, the silent leaders, even the students who are just average. Being at this school for the past 4 years has opened my eyes to just how different peoples lives are. You see some people ride home in their golden mustang that their parents bought for them, while some students have to walk home because their parents couldn't pick them up when they stayed after. I could use this space to discuss everything wrong with SHS, but it is more important to showcase the people who are silently working to make it a better environment for everyone.
I enjoyed my experience in Sandwich High School when I was first introduced in seventh grade to the STEM academy. It created more opportunities to learn about science and technology, an opportunity students before us did not have when the STEM academy did not exist. In high school, we have a variety of classes to choose from that appeal to our academic interests. The courses offered to teach students real-world examples and prepare us for the future. I do however wish I could have experienced more culture and diversity in my school, and create an atmosphere on what life is like outside of the town of Sandwich.
Zero diversity, no school spirit, and the most non-supportive, lazy, and untrustworthy guidance counselors you will ever have the displeasure of working with. Kids do drugs all the time between classes in the bathrooms, and the administration tries to fix it by giving us less passing time. We have 3 minutes to get from one end of the school to the other, but stoners are still going to make time for their drugs while the kids who don't get high during school have to be punished for the stoners' actions. Administration used to refuse to listen to their students, but they're getting better at it. Most of the teachers are really nice, so that's a bonus.