Sandwich Community High School is an above average, public school located in Sandwich, IL. It has 708 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Sandwich Community High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B63 Students
- B-54 Students
- C+42 Students
- B+39 Students
- A+38 Students
- A-34 Students
- A+30 Students
- A-28 Students
- B22 Students
- B+22 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Sandwich Community High School
- B-Serena High School
- Serena Community Unit School District No. 2, IL
- 18 reviews
- B-Indian Creek High School
- Indian Creek Community Unit School District No. 425, IL
- 58 reviews
- B-Earlville Junior/Senior High School
- Earlville Community Unit School District No. 9, IL
- 24 reviews
- BPlano High School
- Plano Community Unit School District No. 88, IL
- 83 reviews
Sandwich Community High School Reviews
The faculty at Sandwich High School exceeds expectations. Staff members constantly push their students, and find ways to fit each students unique learning style to prepare them for whatever their next step after high school is. Not only this, but the staff members strive to develop relationships with each individual to allow students to feel comfortable in their classes. The main downside to sandwich high school is it lacks variety a of course. There is very slim picking, but the teachers are all extremely passionate about what they’re doing.
Nice small community school experience. School facility itself is too small for current school population. Mobile classrooms used and lockers too small to hold coat. Teachers are caring, but most do not support outside the box thinking. Administration is visible and open to student concerns.
School adjusts needs to students and tries working together to make the school the best it could be. Althetics are not the best but they spend all season practicing and students have fun. Teachers care about the students' education and are very helpful. Little diversity. Prepared students for college well.