COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Sandia Prep is known for its strong sense of community. Now, more than ever, we are here to support our students, families, and community. Though the delivery may be different, our goal remains the same: To teach students how to think creatively and critically while learning who they are and who they want to become. Thank you to the Prep community for its flexibility during this time. Learn More
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
We are an independent, college preparatory school serving students in grades 6 through 12, located in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
At Sandia Prep, students take meaningful risks in a supportive community while learning who they are and who they want to become. Through a blend of contemporary and traditional education, our students think creatively, critically, and without limits. They grow in confidence and resilience as they navigate the world.
The Future Goes to Sandia Prep.
Sandia Preparatory School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B103 Students
- A-37 Students
- A24 Students
- B+23 Students
- B20 Students
- A-19 Students
- A+18 Students
- A-17 Students
- A17 Students
- A-16 Students
DareDevil Design Students Handle Real-World Issues
From tackling a pigeon poop problem at Kirtland Air Force Base to designing innovative Future Cities to make the world a better place, Sandia Prep’s DareDevil Design students engage in real-life, interdisciplinary lessons. In this popular full-year elective, sixth- and seventh-graders employ creative, critical, and constructive processes to learn everything from design and engineering to teamwork.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses